Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Hi-Hat Issue With Addictive Drums 2 and Roland TD-25KV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Hat Issue With Addictive Drums 2 and Roland TD-25KV

I got myself a Roland TD-25KV and Addictive Drums 2.

I have set the Map Preset in AD2 to "TD-30" and everything seems to be working fine. I am able to play the drums properly. However, there seems to be an issue with the "open hi-hat" sound not cutting off when I press on the pedal slowly / gently. But if I press the pedal quick and fast, the sound does cut off.

This is what happens:

I leave the pedal released and hit the hi-hat once. As expected, an "open hi-hat" sound is played. And then, when I press on the pedal quickly to close it, the "open hi-hat" sound cuts off (as expected) and a "foot close" sound plays (as expected).

The problem happens when I do the same thing as above, but instead, I press on the pedal slowly and gently until it closes. When doing this, the "open hi-hat" sound doesn't cut off. I also noticed that the hi-hat sound doesn't transition from "fully open" to "semi-closed" to "closed" as I move the pedal from released to fully-pressed.

What could be happening here? Is this a common issue? Am I missing a setting?
    Last edited by threedollarbill; 10-12-19, 10:19 AM.

Do you have a vh11 hi hat? If you do is the cc value set to 90 and not 127?
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
      Do you have a vh11 hi hat? If you do is the cc value set to 90 and not 127?
      Yes I have a vh-11 and yes it looks like the cc value is 90. What does that mean? And what do I need to do? I am quite new to e-drums. Attached are 2 screenshots of the the hi-hat open and closed in case it helps.

hh-open.pnghh-closed.png

Comment

Addictive Drums doesn't have transmuting, which means that the sound changes by just varying the pedal height after a single initial hit. A new sound at a different pedal height requires another hit, except when you close and 'chick' it, which cuts it off. Now, if you close it very slowly, the 'chick' doesn't get triggered (the chick intensity depends on the speed with which you close the pedal), and therefore the initial hit carries on ringing. Other VSTs are capable of doing what you were expecting, but AD unfortunately doesn't.
        MegaDrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY hall effect 3 zone hi hat, DIY 1, 2 & 3 zone cymbals, DIY kick beater triggers on DIY modded longboard, direct drive pedals, DIY triple driver IEMs, El Cheapo Buttkicker. Various VSTs running in a tweaked Linux Mint. Kit pics thread

Comment

ignotus Ahh I see, that explains it. On that note, do you have any experience with Superior Drummer 3? Would it solve those issues (transmuting and the "chick" getting triggered despite a slow close)? I've been thinking about getting it for quite some time now, just need to save enough money.

Comment

I have no experience with it, but it does have transmuting and from what I've read it works quite well. I suppose others who've used it would be in a better position to offer advice with that.
            MegaDrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY hall effect 3 zone hi hat, DIY 1, 2 & 3 zone cymbals, DIY kick beater triggers on DIY modded longboard, direct drive pedals, DIY triple driver IEMs, El Cheapo Buttkicker. Various VSTs running in a tweaked Linux Mint. Kit pics thread

Comment

ignotus Cool man, thanks for the tips.

Comment

SD3 is light years better at HH response than AD2, which IMO is nearly unusable.
                Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

I use SD3 as well and love it. Hi hat is almost perfect if you adjust right. It’s in the module you change the cc max value. I know you can in a td30 which I have. You will need to look through the menus or manual to see if the td25 has this setting. It needs changing to 127 to work with SD3 as well.
                  Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
                  X