Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Using a Ddrum/Alesis Trigger I/O with a TD-25.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Ddrum/Alesis Trigger I/O with a TD-25.

Hey All....

So, we know that on the TD-25 you can only use certain samples on certain triggers, I can confirm that all of the below works....

SNARE - SNARE/RIMSHOT
    KICK - KICK
    TOMS - TOM 1,TOM 2, TOM 3
    HI HAT - HI HAT
    RIDE - ALL CRASHES, RIDES, SPLASHES & CHINAS
    CRASH 1 - ALL CRASHES, RIDES, SPLASHES & CHINAS
    CRASH 2 - ALL CRASHES, RIDES, SPLASHES & CHINAS
    AUX - ANY SOUND CONTAINED IN THE MODULE

You can also utilise any PERCUSSION sound across any of the inputs (This has come in handy for me).

So, here's the deal, I want to use my TD-25 as a secondary module running 1 Hi Hat, 4 Crashes, 2 Splashes, 1 China, 1 Rimshot and 1 Cowbell.

I am running this so far with no issues.....

SNARE - RIMSHOT
    KICK - COWBELL
    TOMS -
    HI HAT - HI HAT
    CRASH 1 - CRASH 1
    CRASH 2 - CRASH 2
    RIDE - CRASH 3
    AUX - CRASH 4

As you can see I come up short on inputs able to assign the 2 X SPLASH & 1 X CHINA sounds I am after due to limitations on the module (Even though I have the 3 Tom inputs available).

So, what are my options, short of buying a second module, Am I able to use the MIDI capabilities of my existing module paired with a DDrum/Alesis Trigger I/O so be able to make this work?

Any help would be much appreciated, I really only want to have to buy a second (Third) module if I absolutely have to...…

Cheers!
    Vig.

No MIDI IN on the TD25. So, you can't use a trigger to MIDI converter to add extra pads. TD25 is a very limited module
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Wait... on a Roland, you can only assign tom sounds on tom inputs, cymbal sounds on cymbal inputs, etc.. ????

I did not know that...
      That's pretty dumb!

On my Yamaha DTX700, any input can be assigned any sound present in the module, as my snare input can be a snare, tom, cymbal or percussion sound.

As mentioned previously, no MIDI in, no expansion. (Check electrodrummer's signature!)

You either get another module and use the aux in to hear both sounds from one module, or you upgrade to VST and the sky is the limit (but you'll still need another trigger to MIDI device).

And people, please stop mentioning the Alesis I/O... The Alesis I/O is OLD! There are much better alternatives these days, offering much better triggering.
      DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

As well as old the Alesis I/O is not very good. I had one for a few years along with my ddrum4 (shows how old it is) I could never get it to trigger anywhere near as good as the ddrum4. if it did it would have been a good unit. I only used it for extra cymbals and a couple of odd one shot sounds. It just could not be made to trigger a snare or ride cymbal well. Anything you needed to do a roll on and it was impossible to dial in a good setting.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
          Wait... on a Roland, you can only assign tom sounds on tom inputs, cymbal sounds on cymbal inputs, etc.. ????

I did not know that...
          That's pretty dumb!

On my Yamaha DTX700, any input can be assigned any sound present in the module, as my snare input can be a snare, tom, cymbal or percussion sound.

As mentioned previously, no MIDI in, no expansion. (Check electrodrummer's signature!)

You either get another module and use the aux in to hear both sounds from one module, or you upgrade to VST and the sky is the limit (but you'll still need another trigger to MIDI device).

And people, please stop mentioning the Alesis I/O... The Alesis I/O is OLD! There are much better alternatives these days, offering much better triggering.
          Can't speak for the 25 but on my module any pad can be any sound
          Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Working...
          X