Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Where are we at today with the best non-laptop e-drum system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Warren wrote:
    The 14x5 black beauty snare is one of the best jazz / funk snares I have ever used. There is variation in the library and it's probably best if you spend time working with it to see what is possible. Another point is that the Mimic sounds fantastic out of the box. You can use the stereo outputs if you want and just play. The aD5 has very dry samples but sounds good too.
    Thanks for pointing this out. Where I live, Mimic Pro is only available as a special order item with a "no return accepted" caveat. Thus, it's not possible to test the module before buying. I'm sure there is lots more sonic variation than in online demos, but online demos are all I have access to. And indeed, in the many programming examples I've heard (Chris K, V-Expressions, Drum-tec, and others), though the sounds seem indeed flexible, it's easy to hear a continuous sonic character. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but yeah, my ears can now pick out specific SSD5 samples.
    Last edited by TangTheHump; 09-27-19, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X