Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Drum-Tec Jam Kit vs ATV Artist Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum-Tec Jam Kit vs ATV Artist Series?

Hey Everyone, looking to get a long term kit for practice purposes and some basic recording. I am looking at these two kits and can't decide what to get!

I will be getting drum-tec's TD-17 live sound edition module for sure, no matter which kit. Since I really like that module and the sounds Drum-Tec has put on them.

I truthfully like the look of the drum-tec more, but the sizes of the ATV. My #1 biggest thing is for the drums to feel as real as they can be, specifically the kick drum and snare.

I do like the bigger cymbals and shell sizes on ATV, but assume they would sound louder than the jam kit (when the kit is off/ the acoustic sound). I want to play this while my family is home and worry how loud they would be. Maybe both are loud and it doesn't matter which I get.

I thought about also what I would need to do if something needed to be replaced, I would have to incur international shipping costs to Germany for drum tec, where as ATV would be here in the US.

Would love to hear everyone's opinion on this as I am completely TORN on what to get.

I have an ATV kit beside some Roland pads and the ATV are not louder,just lower pitched. I have a solid tile floor so there is not much floor vibration.

Comment

You can't go wrong with ATV's Artist Series. They are well built and are relatively quiet when being played. I don't think the extra inch in shell size is going to make that much of a difference. Also with the aDrums you will have no hot spotting due to the triggers being around the edge of the drum.
      ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

I have the ATV Artist as well and love it. Highly recommended.
        ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

I have the ATV Artist as well and love it. Highly recommended as well. And if you want real, moving air through a real maple drum shell with 45* bearing edges and real rims with the perfect amount of rubber to deaden the sound while maintaining a realistic "click" feel is going to outperform a pad all day all year long as far as an acoustic drum feel and arguably triggering. Just fantastic. Personally. I admit to also loving the feel and triggering of the PD-108 and 128 Roland pads even though they don't feel like playing an acoustic drum, and I would bet feel as good as Jam pads, Jam pads might even feel better. The ATV kick feels beautiful to play and I can also tell you that the drum-tec snares feel great, and you can add to the realism of the snare by choosing a Real Feel head. The ATV aD-S13 is great too. I have both and currently sticking with drum-tec. Arguably you're best off sticking with the factory ATV 2 ply head with the aD-S13 snare. That's my only reservation. If the Jam pad series offers a 14" snare size there is that to consider as well although to me 13" (ATV aD-S13 snare) or 14" doesn't matter in an e drum. I'm playing devil's advocate I suppose. You're in a good place, I don't think you can go wrong with either.
          Last edited by Howstamychi; 09-24-19, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X