Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

My TD10 failed and need to replace it with used or trade up to a newer mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My TD10 failed and need to replace it with used or trade up to a newer mod

My TD10 with expanded module that came with my V Custom kit has finally failed and I am looking to either replace it with used or trade up to a newer module without spending and arm and a leg. Any recommendations? BTW The old TD10 audio outputs have gotten both weak and noisy.

How many trigger inputs do you want and do you intend to use the onboard sounds or just use it to trigger VSTIs? Hard to say what unless you expand on what you you need from a module.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

These days I use it primarily for practice and learning new tunes so all of the outputs on the TD 10 are not required. I do need it to be compatible with the pads I currently have.The onboard sounds would be what I would be using primarily.
      Last edited by Bill Fedorko; 09-23-19, 03:20 PM.

Comment

how many pads do you currently have? compatibility shouldn't be an issue.
        Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Yes by inputs I meant trigger inputs and not outputs.
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

I am pretty sure all 12 inputs are in use. I have the full V custom mesh head kit kit but for practice and to save space I use one mesh PD120 for snare and then PD7s and PD9s for the rest with an after market kick trigger.

Comment

If you use all trigger inputs then you are probably going to have to stick with the top line modules. Cheapest options are probably td12 and td20. The td20 has more trigger inputs. Next in line is the td30

Comment

translation: if you don't want it to cost you an arm or a leg, buy a used TD-12 or another TD-10
                Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Working...
                X