Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Mimic Pro update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mimic Pro update

http://pearl-electronics-support.com...les/mimic-pro/
    Robert

Read new manual for all change. MIMIC PRO v1.0.9 Few quick new feature here. Fast kit loading no gap sound kit by kit, (before was 0 sound for 3-4 sec, now direct sound on kit switch). New mic solo to isolate individual mic for easier mic editing and much faster, you can link mic now all in one, now possible to record internal song with internal recorder together big difference here, new ASR fader quick change, better wav dynamic, individual ride zone tune\volume editing, individual editing crosstick\ rim\ click editing etc..New GUI improved, new backup system, new improvement and fix etc..
    Last edited by Chris K; 09-13-19, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Brilliant!
      Thank you Pearl team
      keep up the good work

Comment

Some nice things in the change log..like the dampen feature and the loading time...and of course this happens as i have absolutely no time to test it.....
        Band-set: Pearl Mimic Pro, Jobeky 6-Piece Prestige Custom Half Size, Drum-tec Diablo HH Snare. Cymbals: ATV Expanded Set, 2x PCY100. Roland SPD-S. EV ZLX15P Home Set: the same Pearl Mimic Pro with Roland TD-8V Padset, Millenium Sidetrigger Snare, 2xPCY13 Crash, PCY15R Ride, FD-7/PCY100 HH

Comment

I cannot wait to get home and load this up. Looks like a number of great fixes and feature updates!
          My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Awesome news! Thanks Mr. Boo and the Mimic team!
            Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

there is also a new manual. at the last page it has all the updates that has been done, lots of great improvements!
              Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                there is also a new manual. at the last page it has all the updates that has been done, lots of great improvements!
                Wow - impressive list!
                Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

WARNING!

We’re not going to allow off-topic snide comments that have nothing to do with the update. They will be deleted. Multiple attempts will lead to banning.

Please stick to the topic.
                  Alan
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Applied the update this evening. Got to play a bit with a few of the feature additions and the fixes to a few issues and so far: nice job devs!

Ride edge hit cutoff definitely improved.
                    Damping option really cool for being able to get a tighter drum sound for each kit part. Can get REALLY tight wihtout a ton of effort with the option to "link edit". Want to choke that snare, the under snare, the overheads, and the room, all at once (or separately)? This feature allows for it.
                    Switching between kits is FAST. Much faster than before. definitely should address the worries of all those who are playing live and need to change kits quickly. I don't really need this, but it is VERY fast. I haven't played a Roland module in quite some time, but I might say this is even faster than a Roland module in changing from one kit to another.

That's all I have for now. Again - great job, devs. I'll have to dig a little deeper to look at the other changes and to see if a personal one happened to have made it to this update...

More quality from Pearl! Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Blades View Post
                      Applied the update this evening. Got to play a bit with a few of the feature additions and the fixes to a few issues and so far: nice job devs!

Ride edge hit cutoff definitely improved.
                      Damping option really cool for being able to get a tighter drum sound for each kit part. Can get REALLY tight wihtout a ton of effort with the option to "link edit". Want to choke that snare, the under snare, the overheads, and the room, all at once (or separately)? This feature allows for it.
                      Switching between kits is FAST. Much faster than before. definitely should address the worries of all those who are playing live and need to change kits quickly. I don't really need this, but it is VERY fast. I haven't played a Roland module in quite some time, but I might say this is even faster than a Roland module in changing from one kit to another.
                      This firmware is by far the most change to date, just check edit kit\assign pad how much it's fast now compare to before, also on MOD individual bell ride tune\volume, same for snare crosstick\rim click if assigned on the articulation, you see rim button on MOD page. Also internal songs can be now recorded with the internal recorder as option in setup routing, very easy to record quality audio song. Check MIC solo on MIC FX, how much it's useful to isolate individual mic, very fast to edit now with EQ\Comp.
                      Last edited by Chris K; 09-15-19, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Couple of things I noticed. The load time between kits is not instant if there are wave files being used but it is probably down to around a second now. Also my Roland BT1 pads needed recalibrating as they went way down in volume, maybe due to the new trigger algorithm.

Not saying this to be negative. A few minutes sorting compared to the continual improvements by the developers is a small price to pay.

Well done to all involved and thanks for the support of this excellent module

cheers

Stu
                        Mimic Pro, diy converted PDP maple 6 piece kit, home made Stave snares, ATV, Roland and Yamaha cymbals and 3 x BT1 bar triggers, DW9000 hat stand, DW5000 double pedal, gibraltar hardware. Mapex converted compact practice kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Studowie View Post
                          Couple of things I noticed. The load time between kits is not instant if there are wave files being used but it is probably down to around a second now. Also my Roland BT1 pads needed recalibrating as they went way down in volume, maybe due to the new trigger algorithm.

Not saying this to be negative. A few minutes sorting compared to the continual improvements by the developers is a small price to pay.

Well done to all involved and thanks for the support of this excellent module

cheers

Stu
                          Unfortunately it's almost impossible to make big improvements and retain 100% setting compatibility, sorry

Comment

I had to max out input gain for my ATV ride to get good dynamics/response. Seems to work well with this after setting top velocity, etc. just not sure if this is normal for ATV cymbals. I also have the ATV hihat it didn't require much tweaking.

Comment

I didn't have to change settings on my atv hihat and it works as good and probably better than before, especially with the new elimination of some errant bow hits on foot close that were happening before the update, as noted in the feature changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X