Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

AC Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Power Problem

I recently set up to play a gig with an 80's band with my TD8 and to my horror, the module did not turn on when I tried to turn it on. I switched power strips, outlets, anything, without any luck. We decided that it must be the AC adapter. I usd the TD8 earlier that day with no problems. Luckily, I had a DM5 with me, so the gig was not doomed. I tried the TD8 the next day at home with the same results. So the question is, has this ever happened to anyone before? If so, where did you find a AC replacement. Roland wants $50.00 a pop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PS I love this forum, you guys rock!
    V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

If you take your broken wall-wart down to Radio Shack, they should be able to find a replacement. I think it's just a matter of matching up the electrical input/output, which should be documented on the wall-wart itself.

Originally posted by zendrums:
    Roland wants $50.00 a pop.
    That sounds about right, given the $35 authentic Roland send/return y-cable.
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

I did try several adapters at home with the same input/output and they did not work. I also tried my Roland AC adapter on other similar devices and they did not work either. I am not sure if I have to purchase a Roland adapter or not for the TD8 to work. I'll try the Radio Shack thing. Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone has any other info, please let me know, thanks!

Comment

I would test the adapter with a volt meter and make sure that it is not putting out voltage. If you dont have one, the Radio Shack guys should be able to test it for you. Also check the polarity of the plug. Most adapters use the center pin for positive and the outer for negative but sometimes manufacturers use the opposite

Good luck

------------------
        The Captain
        The Captain

Comment

Thanks for all of the help guys. The Radio Shack adapter worked fine, and only $15.00 compared to $50.00. F$%^ing Roland crap hardware! Sorry, just a little online frustration. Good luck with all of those Roland AC adapters.

Comment

Working...
          X