Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Snare stand choice in a crammed space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snare stand choice in a crammed space

I'm about to upgrade to a 14" diabolo snare but I'm sceptical about what kind of snare stand to get so it can fit with the 3 noise-eaters, a three-leg hi-hat stand, my double pedals and of course my drum throne. In the attached photo you can see how it looks right now - I put a rubber foot around where I expect the center of the snare to be.

stand.png

Is there any 3-leg stand that can work in my case without hassle? I'm not sure if it would be better to look into stands with long-reaching feet so I can place the stand on 2 NE's, or short feet so it could fit between the NE's (but then there might be an issue with impact noise). I have a couple of small noise-eater feet if necessary.
    I have also been looking around for no-leg snare stands instead (or one-leg stands), but I'm wondering if anyone else has had that issue.
    Last edited by Excessium; 08-20-19, 12:03 PM.

I have this setup. No issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Gibraltar-RF-...%2C217&sr=1-11
    Pearl Mimic Pro; Custom Acrylic Shells; ISM-6 Snare Conversion Kit; UFO eBridges; ATV/Roland Cymbals.

TD-50DP => SD3; KD-10; PDX-100(x4); VH-13; Roland Cymbals.

Comment

Looks like people are saying the included extension arm is too short, but I could always buy the one-leg stand separately. Unfortunately the 9706NL is out of stock where I'm from. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

Comment

This combination might work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Pearl Mimic Pro; Custom Acrylic Shells; ISM-6 Snare Conversion Kit; UFO eBridges; ATV/Roland Cymbals.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hah, I literally just spotted the longer extension arm. It gets a bit pricey buying them all separately but I imagine it should be worth it. By the way is it actually better for stability to mount the stand on the rack at a low point like in your pictures, as compared to higher up on the rack? I was actually half expecting to have to buy a second arm (mounting one low, one high) to hold the stand even firmer.

Comment

I have my snare height set so low that I had to mount the stand at the low point on the rack. It is very stable the way I have it positioned...it doesn't lean or feel like it's going to tip over.

Comment

I have the Gibraltar no leg stand as well ,but with a SC-EA300 arm:SC-EA300.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X