Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Megadrum : should I buy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perceval
    replied
    Most will buy a 4-input eDrumin to enhance and expand an existing drum module, or add e-pads to an acoustic kit.

Also, I can get 4 different sounds from one input in some instances....
    That really expands what can be done.

Roland can use Yamaha 3-zone pads or cymbals from only one input.

One could have a minimalist kit with one device.

If you can combine two USB inputs in a DAW, then you'd have more universal inputs than a lot of entry to mid level modules.

Leave a comment:

• overflow
    replied
    Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
    The eDRUMin has a killer interface we could only dream of on Megadrum. But 4 inputs is ridiculous - I would need to buy at least 7 of these modules? I get competing with the current market but they need to think bigger.
    I agree 100%

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    Originally posted by Clem3000 View Post
    Great idea !
    That has been done now : https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...-what-when-why
    Strange...

That thread seems to have disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    eDrumin is out.

Check it out!

https://www.audiofront.net/eDrumIn.php

Leave a comment:

• Clem3000
    replied
    Originally posted by perceval View Post
    He asked me not to share too many details for now, but if my posts count and my rating mean anything here, believe me when I say this thing will blow your drumming socks off!
    Say no more

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    The eDRUMin has a killer interface we could only dream of on Megadrum. But 4 inputs is ridiculous - I would need to buy at least 7 of these modules? I get competing with the current market but they need to think bigger.
    The first device coming out is aimed at people with acoustic kits, or with edrummers owning modules with limited inputs.

Also, keep in mind that the 4 inputs are stereo, and splittable into 2, so a total of 8 mono sounds.
    The pedal input is the 5th input.

i can attest that the software works with Roland, Yamaha, DIY pads whether they are center piezo or side mounted piezo.
    They work with piezo-switch, and piezo-switch-switch pads and cymbals.
    The HH pedal control works with Roland, Yamaha, simple on-off pedals like sustain piano pedals, and DIY like FSR based.

I believe the owner will come out with more precise information in the coming weeks.
    He asked me not to share too many details for now, but if my posts count and my rating mean anything here, believe me when I say this thing will blow your drumming socks off!

Leave a comment:

• Clem3000
    replied
    Great idea !
    That has been done now : https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...-what-when-why

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Maybe we should start a new thread about the eDRUMin. It looks very good in the specs..but it needs to be tested with more type of triggers to determine if it is good or bad.
    I think the eDrumins strength is around the control software.

My 5 cents...

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• winterson
    replied
    where did you hear it will be out in the next couple weeks?

Leave a comment:

• Clem3000
    replied
    Thanks Perceval.
    That looks really nice ! I would love to have more inputs, but for a small Home Studio, that seems to be a really nice device.

Leave a comment:

• thebaronofsd
    replied
    thanks for pointing out the edrumin. thats actually exactly what I'm looking for. My TD-25 is exactly 4 inputs shy of being all I really 'need' for SD3 triggering. if i could pre-order this edrumin I would.

Leave a comment:

• Kabonfaiba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    There will be another option coming soon in the next couple of weeks.

the first version will have 4 inputs. each stereo input can deliver 3 zones each, a pedal input, midi and USB.
    The inputs can be regular stereo, or dual mono, so, no need to add convoluted drum splitters to get two pads on the same input.
    It will work with every pads available, whether the 3-zone pads from Yamaha, to dual zones with Roland, etc....

Using a Yamaha cymbal, I was able to have an edge, bow and bell trigger on my HH. Kinda cool! Perfect for assigning a tambourine or shaker sound.

The best is that there is no learning curve. Super simple yet extremely powerful trigger configurations, completely custumizable in their settings.

I love what the megadrum brought to the DIY edrum community over the years, and I have loads of respect for Dimitri who supported well his devices and its users, but this new trigger midi device will make the MD feel like 1980!

Have a quick look

https://www.audiofront.net/eDrumIn.php

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    The MegaDrum device works fine when you get over the knowledge threshold...

Nice thread- you influenced me to boot up one of my three units again and test the ATV hi-hat!

Hh DIY is quite fun also...I took some optical components (TCL5000) and electronics + 3D printed a pedal sensor box...for 2Box. :-)

Works Great!

https://youtu.be/VteR6QWk5EA

best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• Clem3000
    replied
    Hello Ignotus, I've been checking out your projects and builds lately, and boy, there is a lot of great ideas to borrow from !

This HiHat controller seems totally designed for DIY beginners (like me...)
    Thanks a lot for your input !

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Yamaha hi-hat controller hardwired to send stepped resistance values by design?
    I can confirm. I I interpret the readings correctly, it said :
    1k Ohm closed, 10k Ohm, 20k Ohm, 66k Ohm, +200k Ohm, and open circuit (I guess)
    Last edited by Clem3000; 08-15-19, 05:46 AM. Reason: Rephrase and complete

Leave a comment:

Working...
X