Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Crappy, flimsy stands or getting fancy with clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy, flimsy stands or getting fancy with clamps

OK, stay with me here. I was thinking about my mini kit. I got a stand for it and I think I want to add my old snare trigger, and I reserve the right to add a crash, too.

but the idea is to stay small here. And with the stand for the Multipad, plus a high hat stand and a bass drum tower, I'll have a solid forest of legs going, just as I would of I were playing a regular kit.

so I thought, " these things are pretty light. I won't hit that hard. Can a flimsy stand be the answer over my heavy, sturdy snare and cymbal stands"? I know how dumb that sounds, but it's a storage/ space issue here.

or should I take the beefy high hat and snare stands I already have and find a way to attach triggers to those? Thoughts welcome.

with the dtx 12, i started with the stands / clamps i have. in the end, i needed to either buy the dedicated yamaha pad holder or a snare stand with a ball joint to make my set up work. but all the hardware i’m using is solid.

in general i try and work with the hardware i’ve got. but flimsy hardware is (almost?) never a good idea. on my compact acoustic kit, i hang a snare off the hi-hat stand, a tom off a cymbal stand, and use the 16” bass drum to hold another cymbal and a jam block. it means i can walk in and out of gigs with one lug, but if the hardware weren’t solid it wouldn’t be possible
    Last edited by jackodrum; 08-09-19, 06:33 PM.
    Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

i could probably live with hanging the snare pad off the high hat stand if such a thing is possible. i'm just going to have to stare at everything i have for a very long time and see what's missing to make it work.

i agree with the point about flimsy stands, but i was hoping that there was something out there that wouldn't be all that flimsy if little was asked of it, like just a snare pad or a cymbal pad, for instance. it is a concept i can get away with when it comes to light stands when i do video and photography stuff so i was kinda curious if something similar existed for drums. light duty stands for just a splash or a cowbell or something, lol

i did go with the gibraltar stand/attachment for the multipad. i'll have to see if anything can work with that, or if i can reappropriate those weird yamaha ball joint on a stick things somehow.

Comment

Working...
      X