Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Alesis/ Simmons amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis/ Simmons amp

Anyone tried this amp ? just wondering how it sounds . I just saw it , I have used the DA200 Simmons but this one Seems to have more power but no “ Down firing sub” I was just Wondering if this one is any better than the DA 200

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/drum...drum-amplifier

What's the intended use? Home? Live? Monitoring? etc
    My opinion is to use a general purpose PA (you can always get one second hand less than one of those so-called "drum" amps). 12-15" woofers. One or two speakers - mounted with tweeters at ear height.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

I use it just for stage monitor . I do allot of feel in work and small shows I need something small for personal monitor . If I show up with a big monitor ther is usually not enough room and inear is worthless if they don’t have capability to use them . I use to use inear and a kicker but it just too much to rig .
      Last edited by zekedrum; 07-20-19, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I saw that item advertised. Too bad it's a 12". I went Mackie Thump 15a. Bought 2 of em, stands, bags. With my small mixer, I've got the edrums, the computer (iTunes, Melodics, Addictive Drums2), a bluetooth receiver (phone), and inputs to spare. Would be no problem at all to feed one Thump straight from the edrums, no mixer needed. But at home, I like having all the electronic crap connected up and ready to use.

Comment

Well, that Simmons DA2012B is now on sale for $230 at musicians friend. About $90 off listhttps://www.musiciansfriend.com/drum...drum-amplifier

I spoke to a MF rep on the phone this morning. He said that price will definitely not last through the holidays. That's now a low enough price that I'll get one just as a portable amp when I'm too lazy to load up the full PA, stands, and such.

Comment

Working...
          X