Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Roland drum modules TD9 v2 vs TD6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimorlando
    replied
    When I had my TD9SX I had the VEX Masters 50. Great sounding kits on that package.

Leave a comment:

• Romano1
    replied
    Getting a VEX pack will breathe new life into your TD-9, I got the "toolbox" pack ..... HUGE improvement on the sound of the module.

You will happier than spending money on an older module

Leave a comment:

• jackodrum
    replied
    you can vex your td9 if you want to modify the existing internal sounds. i havenít done it so canít make a recommendation but there are threads on here and plenty of info - including sound samples - on the vex website. you can also use the td9 to trigger a vst in a computer (midi out of your td9 module into an audio interface that connects to a computer running superior drummer, steven slate drums, etc). that is a significant investment of money (much more than a second-hand td6 would be) and takes some time to dial in the vst but far, far superior to the sounds you will get in a low- to mid-range kit

Leave a comment:

• mkok
    replied
    Originally posted by Edrumbum View Post
    How did you like the td6? I'm very interested in hearing about it. I'm wanting to trade the td9. It's a fabulous module but it seems that the sounds are limited and I don't know exactly how to load new sounds.
    You canít load new sounds. Only the td50 and td17 can load sounds from Roland

Leave a comment:

• Mark87
    replied
    To be honest I never really got aquainted with the td6. It was lying in my room for over 10 years.due to lack of interest/ depression. I was trying to figure out how to use it without the manual and it wasn't until recently I decided to learn it a bit more properly. I like the display on the td9 and it looks a bit more user friendly. I'm a simpleton and just play drums as a casual hobbie. I was classifieds hopping and I saw a td9 for sale and watched a few vids on it.that got my interest. Hoping it might re-ignite and inspire me to get back into drumming
    Last edited by Mark87; 07-12-19, 04:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Edrumbum
    replied
    How did you like the td6? I'm very interested in hearing about it. I'm wanting to trade the td9. It's a fabulous module but it seems that the sounds are limited and I don't know exactly how to load new sounds.

Leave a comment:

• Mark87
    replied
    I'm trading up from a TD 6v to a td-9 myself

Leave a comment:

• Edrumbum
    started a topic Roland drum modules TD9 v2 vs TD6

Roland drum modules TD9 v2 vs TD6

First of all hello to everyone. I have for some reason for years wanted a roland td10 module. I own a td9 and it is very nice but I think I like the sounds of the td6. It seems to have similar tones and the editing and sound choices look to be closer to the td10.

I understand that the td9 is newer and more advanced sound wise so don't beat me up too badly. I doubt I could trade a td9 for a 10. It's just one of those weird musican things haha.
    Have a great day.
Working...
X