Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Roland drum modules TD9 v2 vs TD6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland drum modules TD9 v2 vs TD6

First of all hello to everyone. I have for some reason for years wanted a roland td10 module. I own a td9 and it is very nice but I think I like the sounds of the td6. It seems to have similar tones and the editing and sound choices look to be closer to the td10.

I understand that the td9 is newer and more advanced sound wise so don't beat me up too badly. I doubt I could trade a td9 for a 10. It's just one of those weird musican things haha.
    Have a great day.

I'm trading up from a TD 6v to a td-9 myself

Comment

How did you like the td6? I'm very interested in hearing about it. I'm wanting to trade the td9. It's a fabulous module but it seems that the sounds are limited and I don't know exactly how to load new sounds.

Comment

To be honest I never really got aquainted with the td6. It was lying in my room for over 10 years.due to lack of interest/ depression. I was trying to figure out how to use it without the manual and it wasn't until recently I decided to learn it a bit more properly. I like the display on the td9 and it looks a bit more user friendly. I'm a simpleton and just play drums as a casual hobbie. I was classifieds hopping and I saw a td9 for sale and watched a few vids on it.that got my interest. Hoping it might re-ignite and inspire me to get back into drumming
        Last edited by Mark87; 07-12-19, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Edrumbum View Post
          How did you like the td6? I'm very interested in hearing about it. I'm wanting to trade the td9. It's a fabulous module but it seems that the sounds are limited and I don't know exactly how to load new sounds.
          You canít load new sounds. Only the td50 and td17 can load sounds from Roland
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

you can vex your td9 if you want to modify the existing internal sounds. i havenít done it so canít make a recommendation but there are threads on here and plenty of info - including sound samples - on the vex website. you can also use the td9 to trigger a vst in a computer (midi out of your td9 module into an audio interface that connects to a computer running superior drummer, steven slate drums, etc). that is a significant investment of money (much more than a second-hand td6 would be) and takes some time to dial in the vst but far, far superior to the sounds you will get in a low- to mid-range kit
            E-Kits: Roland TD9v1, Yamaha DTX Multi12, Zendrum EXP; FD9, KT10 // Interfaces: Scarlett 2i4, Scarlett 6i6 // Sounds: Superior Drummer 3, Stompblock // Computers: Macbook, imac // Logic, Garageband // Headphones: ATH-M30x // Speakers: Yamaha DBR10, Yamaha HS7s // A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian // Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, a few As and Sabians, and ...

Comment

Getting a VEX pack will breathe new life into your TD-9, I got the "toolbox" pack ..... HUGE improvement on the sound of the module.

You will happier than spending money on an older module
              TD-9 V2 (VEX'd), Roto-toms (8,10,12,14) on a collar-lock rack with internal DIY triggers, and Drum-tec real feel pro heads
              Triggered Sabian Quite tone cymbals

Comment

When I had my TD9SX I had the VEX Masters 50. Great sounding kits on that package.
                Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
                X