Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Module upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Module upgrade

Hi guys. I'm upgrading the kd 8 kick pad to kd 9. I have a TD 6v module but have become aware of a TD 9 for sale in my area. Would it be worth the upgrade?

depends what is it you're looking to get out of a new module

good move upgrading to the KD-9 though, that KD-8 is crap.
    Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

I'm just looking for something that might be a bit more user friendly (easier) to use

Comment

ah ok. what is it you find difficult about the 6v? i'm no expert, but there's a wealth of information here and online. might be easier to solve what you're having issues with than to buy a "new" module since the TD-9 (2008-2012) is still going to be pretty dated and isn't really that much newer than the 6v (2002-2008).

haven't used the td-9 so can't comment on how user friendly it is. i have used the td-17 and find it much more user friendly, but that's going to be a whole different price than the 9.
        Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

I like the screen functions on the TD 9 etc. I like the fact also there are more tips and stuff on YouTube. I haven't really aquainted myself with the TD 6v so I'm not sure. Just an impulse thing

Comment

Originally posted by Mark87 View Post
            Hi guys. I'm upgrading the kd 8 kick pad to kd 9. I have a TD 6v module but have become aware of a TD 9 for sale in my area. Would it be worth the upgrade?
            I love the KD-9. I believe it to be worth the upgrade. I have to mention Drum-tec makes a spectacular patch that makes the beater less bouncy or rather the KD-9 mesh head less bouncy, thicker and smackier and more satisfying to play. It's probably not worth the shipping to just buy the patch but if you have center cone Roland pads and were to invest in some of their mesh heads, Real Feel are awesome on snare while the Design Series excels on toms and Kick, you could order the drum-tec kick patch as well. They give you two. New drum-tec heads and KD-9 with kick patch would be a complete game changer in terms of the feel of your kit and much more synonymous with an acoustic kit.
            Last edited by Howstamychi; 07-11-19, 10:58 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

you mention both kd9 and td9. if u are thinking about a td9 module, they are a good module for what they are and have midi in and out but no usb-to-computer midi connection. they are old now though. sounds are a matter of personal preference but you are looking at 10-year old roland sounds. you can always vex it or use a vst. positional sensing is not supported. they use a snake cable if you are planning to use existing pads check if the cable is part of the deal
              Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9) > Scarlett 6i6 > imac, Superior Drummer 3, Logic // Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100) > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook, SD3 // Zendrum EXP > Stompblock, macbook, SD3 // Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x // A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian // Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, some As & Sabians & ...

Comment

Yes it is part of the deal

Comment

i bought my td9 about 10 years ago as an experienced drummer and a never-before e-drummer. i set it up, plug and play, and used it happily for years. over the past 3-4 years iíve invested in vsts (for the sounds) and other bits and pieces but the td9 (as part of a decent-quality e-kit) has been one of the best purchases i have ever made. i am always thinking about upgrading it. i would like a td30 module for example, but given my uses for the kit i have never been able to justify to myself the need to replace it. whether it is a better option for you than the td6 i couldnít say. another thing is that my module has held up extremely well over time, but itís one owner and i trust the owner always something to think about with second-hand electronic gear - test it as much as you can if you are still thinking about buying
                  Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9) > Scarlett 6i6 > imac, Superior Drummer 3, Logic // Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100) > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook, SD3 // Zendrum EXP > Stompblock, macbook, SD3 // Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x // A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian // Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, some As & Sabians & ...

Comment

Working...
                  X