Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Alesis Strike Multipad or Roland SPD-SX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis Strike Multipad or Roland SPD-SX

Now that the Alesis Strike Multipad has been out for a little while, any drummers here that may have played both? Any compare and contrast you could share? I guess the SPD-SX is "old" now compared to the new Alesis, but still both units are sold for the same price.

I will like to add one to my kit, especially since I know miss the percussion sounds present on the TD-30 but missing on the TD-50. I also really like the looping capabilities of the Strike Multipad and the programmable lights. Though I think at times if I should "keep it in the same family" and get the Roland.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated

loading kit from Alesis much slower compare to SPD-SX

Comment

Loading time on strike, is about 4-5 sec per kit, if you are using full 38 sample per kits, layers a + b etc.. Strike on kit switch, the sound stop if loop used, but others then that, it has more feature and sound in strike compare to spd-sx, also it's 2 shots sample velocity with velocity point curve setting, not 1 like spd-sx, there is hihat supports ( not in spd-sx), 4 triggers input,, the sound library 6GB in strike, it's full compare to spd-sx, is very limited, about 400 sound and are not usable for most of them. Also the edge triggering on SPD-SX, is harder compare to strike are smoother to trigs. There is great feature like random, cycle pad on strike, melodic notes on each pad hit.

Out of the box, I would get Strike for your need, spd-sx is great for live purpose, fast loading time and no sound stop on kit switch.
      Last edited by Chris K; 06-06-19, 04:55 PM.

Comment

yeah, loading time compare to TM-2 even slower and kit switch kill the deal, i switch kit on my TM-2 [MIDI to spd-30] all the time ... still looking a way to MIDI two TM-2 to spd-30 and use all 8 pads layinger with spd-30

Comment

The Yamaha DTX multi 12 is also worth considering if you're not already aware of it.
          TD9 v1 > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook running SD3 and Garageband // TD9 v1 > Scarlett 6i6 > imac running SD3 and Logic // Zendrum > Stompblock > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook running SD3 and Garageband // ATH-M30x headphones / Yamaha DBR10 // small acoustic kits with Zildjian Ks, plus a few As and Sabians

Comment

Working...
          X