Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Pearl Mimic Pro - stagnancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Mimic Pro - stagnancy?

Hello,

am I the only one who feels a little bit irritated about that there are no news regarding additional sounds for Pearls Mimic Pro?

It’s quite a while ago since someone posted that ‘new sounds are coming soon’.

I love my Mimic, but a couple more percussion sounds would be something I would love to have, hear and use.

I know about importing one shot samples, but what I would love to have is also more percussion possibilities in the same sound quality the Mimic has already given. Therefore the promised editor is not what I am really waiting for...

And stick tips are something that I really miss. I understand that there is a huge complexity behind it, but from my point of view, it seems a bit to be an ‘unfinished’ piece of hardware until yet.

I hope that the Mimic will progress and would not be let down by Pearl and Steven Slate because of redirecting the focus.

I know about the updates the Mimic already received and I thank Mr. Boo for all his hard work. Therefore I hope that Pearl see it the same way...

What do you guys think about?

Most companies take a few years to roll out updates/upgrades. Even Roland takes four to eight years. Mimic's only been out two. My guess is we'll probably see something at or before NAMM. Some companies like to roll out stuff in the late fall to get a jump on Christmas sales. Let's hope Slate/Pearl takes that route.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by rsm View Post
      am I the only one who feels a little bit irritated about that there are no news regarding additional sounds for Pearls Mimic Pro?
      No. You're not the only one.

eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
      aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
      TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

It's been pretty quiet across the board - ATV comes to mind as well.
        Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

DEFINITELY ATV. (Nothing new since October, even then it was only a few new sounds).

All we ever hear is that new sounds are coming "soon".

Every other ad is for that ridiculous A-frame rubbish.
          For a module that relies entirely on it's own sounds, they really need to keep it interesting for their users......

Comment

I don't feel irritated at all. My feeling is if Pearl/Slate never put out another update again I would still be 100% satisfied with it because is does what I expect. It mimics an acoustic kit. Im one and a half years into it and I still walk away amazed every time.

I look forward to a new update just to see what they do, but I don't think about it. Im so blown away by the results that I don't care if there's ever another update. I turn it on, and play play play. I havn't practiced so much ever in my life because I can't stop playing this thing. All the bands I play with have taken notice to my playing lol.
            Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
            Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

There is no news to prevent speculation on false coming soon\ approx date, that would be far more worst, with several delay, development phase process, just don't works like this, lots of unexpected things and delay can occurs.
              Last edited by Chris K; 06-06-19, 04:57 PM.

Comment

65 Drums recently reviewed the Mimic and it had a new firmware loaded so I'm sure that will be in the near future. Chris is right though, speculation just gets people worked up around here.
                Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

Originally posted by kgoroway View Post

No. You're not the only one.

At least there are 3 truthful people on here.

With Slate involved, 8 years sounds about right. I was hopeful that Pearl would be different than Roland.
                  I love my Mimic but in the absence of updates or new sounds it will stagnate like all others available. I can live with it as is. I just will not be buying the "Mimic Pro" or whatever it will be called.
                  It still boggles my mind that a product as good as the Mimic can not seem to make it into the mainstream of this niche market.
                  Where would the iphone or galaxy be today if they followed the same strategy as Pearl / Slate? Exactly where the Mimic is now.

It's ok, I play almost daily and always enjoy myself. That what really counts.
                  "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post
                    I love my Mimic but in the absence of updates or new sounds it will stagnate like all others available.I was hopeful that Pearl would be different than Roland.
                    if you works on development, you will know releasing 5 updates per years it is impossible just to refresh some users brain memory and make them think, they did not stop development, mimic had since the start, about 6-7 firmware update with new feature, in one years in and half, tell me any company did this to date: Total of 0, in July, mimic enter into his second year, perhaps again for some users, it's like 4 years for them. New firmware update was in progress since several months ago, if you are not aware with new feature and such. The sound expansions packs was and still in progress.

Ps: I don't know why you make MIMIC in the same as Roland development, when they release new flagship each 5-7 years without any single major firmware update, supports and works on others product instead.
                    Last edited by Chris K; 06-06-19, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Thinking of selling my TD-30 module now that i played PMP for 2-3 shows already but still love the TD-30 so maybe I will keep both for now :P

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

At least there are 3 truthful people on here.

With Slate involved, 8 years sounds about right. I was hopeful that Pearl would be different than Roland.
                        I love my Mimic but in the absence of updates or new sounds it will stagnate like all others available. I can live with it as is. I just will not be buying the "Mimic Pro" or whatever it will be called.
                        It still boggles my mind that a product as good as the Mimic can not seem to make it into the mainstream of this niche market.
                        Where would the iphone or galaxy be today if they followed the same strategy as Pearl / Slate? Exactly where the Mimic is now.

It's ok, I play almost daily and always enjoy myself. That what really counts.
                        I have no idea what you are talking about. The mimic has had more firmware updates than any other module in existence. And it wasn't to fix problems like other modules with a couple features as an "im sorry" for it sucking like a couple other companies. They have continuously been improving it and from what I have seen will continue to do so. I realize that we are living in the days of amazon prime where everyone wants what they want in 2 days or less but its just not realistic. I think people seriously underestimate just what goes into a single update much less new sounds. Not even creating the stuff but all the other T's that need to be crossed and I's dotted. Don't get me wrong. I want new sounds and new features as much as the next guy. But IMHO slate has proven they are in it for the long haul. And its still the best sounding and playing module out there and people need to ask themselves when in their life did the saying "are we there yet" make the ride any faster?

Comment

I like others am excited for the expansion kits as well, but realize it takes time to make it right. like Roving Drummer said, i love the PMP ( a dream came true) and each time i play it, im blown away how well it sounds and makes my heart warm and fuzzy while playing.
                          Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

It has 65 kits. They sound amazing. One can continue to dial it in and EQ and compress and tune and experiment with microphones and reverb to make another 6500 kits. The dynamic range is staggering. It's perhaps the most powerful and realistic sounding virtual instrument on the planet given it's a module that simulates drums, an instrument almost unplayable in the real world given the noise and logistics and size. It is nuanced in it's internal triggering, it is not a VST responding to 1980's MIDI. And we are now not unlike guitar players sitting on a chair creating gorgeous sounding studio quality recordings. It took a long time to get here. It's a complicated instrument and technical issues are being addressed and have been addressed. I know of one active forum member as most of us do who is one of a handful of the geniuses who created this machine. There are wonderful sounding third party kits available here with VEX. I wish for the continued stability of everyone's module and for me the impetus to practice as much as possible.
                            Last edited by Howstamychi; 06-07-19, 06:11 AM. Reason: It was in need of an edit

Comment

Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post
                              It has 65 kits. They sound amazing. One can continue to dial it in and EQ and compress and tune and experiment with microphones and reverb to make another 6500 kits. The dynamic range is staggering. It's perhaps the most powerful and realistic sounding virtual instrument on the planet given it's a module that simulates drums, an instrument almost unplayable in the real world given the noise and logistics and size. It is nuanced in it's internal triggering, it is not a VST responding to 1980's MIDI. And we are now not unlike guitar players sitting on a chair creating gorgeous sounding studio quality recordings. It took a long time to get here. It's a complicated instrument and technical issues are being addressed and have been addressed. I know of one active forum member as most of us do who is one of a handful of the geniuses who created this machine. There are wonderful sounding third party kits available here with VEX. I wish for the continued stability of everyone's module and for me the impetus to practice as much as possible.
                              Good points. Many drummers are not familiar with how different kits can sound with EQ and compression. The envelope is useful for me to create drier snare sounds. It is unreal that you can essentially gate each mic of each drum. The playability is definitely better for me than using Superior 3 or SSD5 as a plugin.

Comment

Working...
                              X