Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hi-hat stand with 2 feet to place on top of noise eater platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-hat stand with 2 feet to place on top of noise eater platform?

Hi,
    I have a Roland TD-12V set with three noise eater platforms for my double pedals and hi-hat (and a few noise eater feet for the legs). Right now I'm still using my cheap hi-hat stand from my previous kit and I'm looking to change to something else. I was wondering if there was any hi-hat stand with 2 feet under 200$ that could be stable enough to place on the noise eaters. The DW 3500T seemed like a decent choice in that price range but I suspect it might not fare well on the platforms. Should I just get one with 3 feet? The main reason I was looking for 2-feet stands is that I wanted to be able to place the slave kick pedal both inside and outside the hi-hat. My double kick pedals are the Pearl demonators (p-932), in case there is a 3-feet hi-hat stand that would somehow allow both of these configurations.

Thanks!

I use a 2 legged hi bat base of the hi hat gpes on top of a noise eater pad and hi hat feet go in the round 2 inch noise eater

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffo View Post
      I use a 2 legged hi bat base of the hi hat gpes on top of a noise eater pad and hi hat feet go in the round 2 inch noise eater
      Thanks for the reply. Which stand do you use and do you have stability issues? I like using my hi-hat to keep time so there is a certain amount of light stomping my stand has to take.

Comment

What I did is I took a piece of plywood the size of my drum rug and I cut 15 tennis balls in half. Then I screwed all 30 of those upside down to the bottom of the plywood like octopus suckers. Now I have a total shock absorbing drum riser and I can put anything anywhere. I live in an apartment building and I blast punk Beats And I haven’t had any complaints. I put some time lapses on Instagram. Look up the hashtag #ThaClawOffice

Comment

^good idea.. did you look at roland RDH-120, it has a big footplate under pedal, for stability ..as does the DW3500 or the mapex Falcon 1000
          those are very stable thanx to the big plate.. (i hv mapex falcon)
          Last edited by Ericdrumz; 04-21-20, 04:06 AM.
          Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Working...
          X