Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Larger L-Rods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger L-Rods?

Does anyone know if there are larger L-Rods available for Roland pads? I'm looking for something around 5"x9".

L-Rod.jpg
    Last edited by EssKayKay; 03-13-19, 03:13 PM.

Weight & impact that far out will likely snap a simple clamp. You're better off with an extended tom arm that helps absorbs some of this impact and counteract weight distribution as well. Just FWIW.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
      Weight & impact that far out will likely snap a simple clamp. You're better off with an extended tom arm that helps absorbs some of this impact and counteract weight distribution as well. Just FWIW.
      OOPS - I had the wrong vertical dimension (my bad). The total length of the rod was to be 14" not the vertical which should be about 9" (i.e., an extra 2" vertical; 1" horizontal).

Comment

Before we start throwing around names, have you checked all the obvious companies? (Tama, Gibraltar, etc.)

I was going to say look up the Tama rods. there are a few, but I'm not sure if they reach 9". The DW's have the 1" mount. Not sure if that would work for you. I always used the DW rods with large clamps. Those aren't going no where. lol
        Alan

Comment

Yes, I did the standard Google search. I did see a few as you noted but not exactly what I was hoping for. I want to use a couple of these with Roland pads. I was not aware of larger clamps as you mentioned. If need be, I may have someone cut and bend a couple pieces of 7/16" stainless rod for me. I was hoping I could just purchase something already available - I'm sure it would look much better. Thanks for your help.

Comment

The thing about the DWs is you can gain a little height from the thickness of the bottom piece, when mounted above the rack with a larger clamp. You’ll have to measure it out, but you may gain a couple of inches there.
            Alan

Comment

By the DW clamp, I assume you mean something like this?
              https://www.amazon.com/DW-DWSMRKC15V.../dp/B0042SIHKG

Comment

I was talking about the DW rods. I think they're around 6". When you add the 1" handle, you'll get about another inch. When you add the beefier clamp, you'll get about another 1-1". You'd just need a 1" clamp of your choice. I used the DW rods with Gibraltar clamps back with my 20/20X. There was plenty of length... actually, a few inches left over. Look into all that.
                Alan

Comment

Will do - thanks Alan

Comment

Working...
                  X