Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

"Thinking" of selling my Mimic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Thinking" of selling my Mimic

So. I'm "thinking" of selling my Pearl Mimic Pro with hardshell padded case, touch screen saver and Vex Origins kits. I've only used it twice. I bought from Sweetwater a year and a half ago. What do y'all think it would sell for?

Tough to tell. I bought mine in similar condition without a case for $1500. New from eDrumcenter is $1900. Not sure how much value the case would add.
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

That'll be a huge regret when sound libraries start popping up... unless there is some other reason you don't "need" it.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Edit; deleted of topic comments
        I haven't seen many on eBay, but it seems like they go for 1600-1700. Sorry to say the vex pack and hard case may help yours sell over another without them, but they don't seem to add much monetary value.
        Last edited by thebigzw; 02-15-19, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
          That'll be a huge regret when sound libraries start popping up... unless there is some other reason you don't "need" it.
          I really like it (PMP) I just don't use it. I play my TD-30KV kit (with slightly tweaked VEX sounds :-). all the time I guess because I'm just use to it. And yeah, I'm starting to get a little impatient wondering when sound libraries and editior might come out. I always take my Mimic with me in case the TD-30 croaks at a gig though. Mimic is my Backup. Seems like it should be the other way around. I was just wondering what it might go for. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by thebigzw View Post
            Edit; deleted of topic comments
            I haven't seen many on eBay, but it seems like they go for 1600-1700. Sorry to say the vex pack and hard case may help yours sell over another without them, but they don't seem to add much monetary value.
            I understand. Thanks for your input. Just trying to get a guesstimate. If I do sell I want to sell for a fare price.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeseRocket View Post

I understand. Thanks for your input. Just trying to get a guesstimate. If I do sell I want to sell for a fare price.
              You have a diamond in the ruff. With your extras and as Vex said new libraries on the way and their apparent scarcity at times, you have a diamond in the ruff. If you must, command a premium and don't sell your investments short. Just my $$ worth

Comment

Good to see that the price has come off the skies and there are even 2nd-hand ones on offer. Still don't see too many on offer in Europe, sadly.
                The mentioned $1500 is a decent price, if it's real.
                TD-11 + TD-4 with a few pads and cymbals.
                https://www.vdrums.com/forum/perform...44011-my-kit-s
                https://sites.google.com/view/open-source-drum-module

Comment

Originally posted by Six View Post

You have a diamond in the ruff. With your extras and as Vex said new libraries on the way and their apparent scarcity at times, you have a diamond in the ruff. If you must, command a premium and don't sell your investments short. Just my $$ worth
                  I really hate to let it go buy I'm just nat using it. Outside gigs with (possible rain or extreme heat,,I live in the south) I use a TD-11 kit with VEX and Drum-Tec sound packs. Otherwise I use my TD-30KV kit with VEX and Drum-tec sound packs. When placing my crashes, 14 (2) or 15" ride ( I have 2, 15" using one as a crash/China) I don't have to worry about where I place them on the kit. Rolands stuff is pre-calabrated. No issues. With my Mimic I have to put each drum pad and cymbal in the exact space to make sure the calabration is correct for that pad and that pad only. I don't want to have to worry about that everytime I play (130 times a year) not counting practicing at home. Yes there are slight nuances between like pads which have caused triggering issues before. I really have to go by the pads serial numbers to remember,,,,,I don't want to have to remember. I want to set up,( that takes an hour and a half) Play, tear down, pack up and go home (another hour). Any time saving measres are important.

I'm very torn about it. Thinking I might be making a mistake.

Comment

ReeseRocket, if you are worried about making a mistake, unless you are sort of hurting for cash, i would keep it,
                    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Keep in mind Sergey has done extensive updates so it may become easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                        Keep in mind Sergey has done extensive updates so it may become easier.
                        This is one good reason that it can be nice to know that something is being done to a product. Total secrecy tends to make a user base apathetic towards a product.
                        Hard to keep in mind something you don't know about.
                        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

the secrecy has taken place because there were folks complaining when the updates would be released! it takes time for testing to make sure all is working ok with no glitches.
                          as a auto tech, i deal with issues with customers that think a auto repair shop is a fast food restaurant and expect their car to be fixed in 5 min.
                          Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Don't sell the Mimic Pro if you possibly can. This thread reads like the best of Jimmy Stewart monologues pleading a case to not do something.
                            Last edited by Howstamychi; 03-06-19, 03:56 PM.

Comment

just an alternative perspective. if you sell your mimic pro and down the track decide that you want to use a mimic (new circumstances for you, upgrades to the mimic ...), you can buy another one. it will be identical. you will lose a bit of money on the deal overall, but you can sell something else to fund it. this is not the same as holding on to a fender or gibson guitar, a ludwig snare, a classic zildjian. those instruments canít be replicated. you can come close, maybe even do better, but not the same. a mimic pro (td30, whatever) is a mimic pro (td30, whatever) ...
                              Last edited by jackodrum; 03-06-19, 07:30 PM.
                              TD9 v1 > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook running SD3 and Garageband // TD9 v1 > Scarlett 6i6 > imac running SD3 and Logic // Zendrum > Stompblock > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook running SD3 and Garageband // ATH-M30x headphones / Yamaha DBR10 // small acoustic kits with Zildjian Ks, plus a few As and Sabians

Comment

Working...
                              X