Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Pearl MimiPRO - New Manufacturer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EssKayKay
    started a topic Pearl MimiPRO - New Manufacturer

Pearl MimiPRO - New Manufacturer

Here's something I noticed in digitalDrummer mag.

image_33703.jpg

Last edited by EssKayKay; 02-08-19, 02:55 PM.

• tivi
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris K View Post

It's because the older one, some had issue on some cable, the one goes to the wall with the multiple connection, would not power up, unless you buy one cable separately fixed connection, and both end was removable, now only one and with a lock. That why they updated, and using universal power worldwide, it is better to have separate power adapter then inside module, unless you want to sent the module to repair defective power source. It's better to have backup right away without all harsh of waiting and no power.
    Yes, that happened to me, the cable go to wall outlet not working, i have to digged out my old power supply to get different cable for that.

Leave a comment:

• joeyyumm
    replied
    Originally posted by NathanE View Post
    Here are pictures of the io and psu.
    It would be nice touch if pearl made stickers and sent them out to all registered users to match that output change in the back of the unit. Unless, someone else knows how to match them?

Leave a comment:

• allanjohn
    replied
    Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post
    Here's something I noticed in digitalDrummer mag.

image_33703.jpg

Here's a link to the magazine: https://en.calameo.com/read/00430531041329884d7eb

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    I'm not worried about it. I just find the assumption that beefing up the connection makes it more "gig proof" interesting marketing. It feels like an unnecessary "improvement" and I wouldn't flag it as such personally.
    It's actually very true. I cannot count the number of times over the years someone's unplugged something in my bands simply by stepping on or moving something.

Leave a comment:

• jpsquared482
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
    Just what I said. They made it more clear what the Input/Output is on the back panel.
    Sorry, I didn't know the term "back I/O", but I get it now.

Leave a comment:

• Chris K
    replied
    I'm not worried about it. I just find the assumption that beefing up the connection makes it more "gig proof" interesting marketing. It feels like an unnecessary "improvement" and I wouldn't flag it as such personally. I completely love the mimic, but thought from the outset that the psu was a bit odd. I do like the Matt finish, it reduces ambient reverb in my practice room
    It's because the older one, some had issue on some cable, the one goes to the wall with the multiple connection, would not power up, unless you buy one cable separately fixed connection, and both end was removable, now only one and with a lock. That why they updated, and using universal power worldwide, it is better to have separate power adapter then inside module, unless you want to sent the module to repair defective power source. It's better to have backup right away without all harsh of waiting and no power.
    Last edited by Chris K; 02-11-19, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NathanE
    replied
    I'm not worried about it. I just find the assumption that beefing up the connection makes it more "gig proof" interesting marketing. It feels like an unnecessary "improvement" and I wouldn't flag it as such personally. I completely love the mimic, but thought from the outset that the psu was a bit odd. I do like the Matt finish, it reduces ambient reverb in my practice room

Leave a comment:

• JmanWord
    replied
    For those worried about the power supply/adapter maybe just buy a backup to keep on hand. I did that about 6 months ago and have put the original Mimic adapter back in the box as the backup and have been using the one I bought. It only cost me $7.00 from eBay. Made sure I bought one with the same stats as original. I got lots of warnings from Mimic users on Facebook ..... "oooooh, you're going to brick your module" .... etc.... (guess they assume I'm an incapable idiot .... LOL) I've used that backup and played every day for 6 months not even a flicker of a problem. I could link that power supply, but I'm sure the scary comments will come out again ..... So just contact Pearl to see if you can buy a power supply backup from them.

Leave a comment:

• NathanE
    replied
    In fact on the psu I was thinking that the problem when you strengthen something is you just transfer load somewhere else in the system.

by making the connection between the heavy, strong 240v cable to the brick essentially unbreakable, if there is ever a violent pull that would otherwise have ripped the plug out of the socket (without actually breaking it), then all that will happen is either the other end of the brick with the fragile thin lv cable will bear all the force, or the connection between the lv and the mimic will.

having destroyed psu bricks before by ripping lv cables I would definitely prefer the 240v cable just came out of its socket!

Leave a comment:

• MarkuZ
    replied
    I have the new model and can confirm that. Matte Black finish is looking very fine and high quality. No more dents in the housing.
    New powersupply and white labeled Output connectors on the back.

Leave a comment:

• NathanE
    replied
    Yes the red thing is the lock. I've never seen this arrangement before and to be honest I'm not sure that it makes much difference. I'd much rather the lv cable was more robust if they are seeking to make the psu more suited to the rigours of gigging. In fact I'd rather the unit was designed to take mains voltage with no brick at all.

Leave a comment:

• TWynn
    replied
    Thanks. It's nice to have Line out 1/2 labeled as Master Out L/R. Does that red thing "lock-in" the adapter?

MP_NewPSU.JPG

Leave a comment:

• NathanE
    replied
    Here are pictures of the io and psu.

Leave a comment:

• Kabonfaiba
    replied
    Looks nice!

Do we know if it's a chemical, paint, sandblasted, or something else?

Curious to find out to what extent they compromised between a more robust scratch resistant finish, a more superior aesthetic effect (say for example, a metallic sparkle fit for cars) and obviously cost of it all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X