Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Pearl MimiPRO - New Manufacturer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those worried about the power supply/adapter maybe just buy a backup to keep on hand. I did that about 6 months ago and have put the original Mimic adapter back in the box as the backup and have been using the one I bought. It only cost me $7.00 from eBay. Made sure I bought one with the same stats as original. I got lots of warnings from Mimic users on Facebook ..... "oooooh, you're going to brick your module" .... etc.... (guess they assume I'm an incapable idiot .... LOL) I've used that backup and played every day for 6 months not even a flicker of a problem. I could link that power supply, but I'm sure the scary comments will come out again ..... So just contact Pearl to see if you can buy a power supply backup from them.
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I'm not worried about it. I just find the assumption that beefing up the connection makes it more "gig proof" interesting marketing. It feels like an unnecessary "improvement" and I wouldn't flag it as such personally. I completely love the mimic, but thought from the outset that the psu was a bit odd. I do like the Matt finish, it reduces ambient reverb in my practice room

Comment

Originally posted by NathanE View Post
        I'm not worried about it. I just find the assumption that beefing up the connection makes it more "gig proof" interesting marketing. It feels like an unnecessary "improvement" and I wouldn't flag it as such personally. I completely love the mimic, but thought from the outset that the psu was a bit odd. I do like the Matt finish, it reduces ambient reverb in my practice room
        It's because the older one, some had issue on some cable, the one goes to the wall with the multiple connection, would not power up, unless you buy one cable separately fixed connection, and both end was removable, now only one and with a lock. That why they updated, and using universal power worldwide, it is better to have separate power adapter then inside module, unless you want to sent the module to repair defective power source. It's better to have backup right away without all harsh of waiting and no power.
        Last edited by Chris K; 02-11-19, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
          Just what I said. They made it more clear what the Input/Output is on the back panel.
          Sorry, I didn't know the term "back I/O", but I get it now.
          ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

I'm not worried about it. I just find the assumption that beefing up the connection makes it more "gig proof" interesting marketing. It feels like an unnecessary "improvement" and I wouldn't flag it as such personally.
            It's actually very true. I cannot count the number of times over the years someone's unplugged something in my bands simply by stepping on or moving something.
            Alan
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post
              Here's something I noticed in digitalDrummer mag.

image_33703.jpg

Here's a link to the magazine: https://en.calameo.com/read/00430531041329884d7eb
              . digitalDrummer
              Review index

Comment

Here are pictures of the io and psu.
                It would be nice touch if pearl made stickers and sent them out to all registered users to match that output change in the back of the unit. Unless, someone else knows how to match them?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

It's because the older one, some had issue on some cable, the one goes to the wall with the multiple connection, would not power up, unless you buy one cable separately fixed connection, and both end was removable, now only one and with a lock. That why they updated, and using universal power worldwide, it is better to have separate power adapter then inside module, unless you want to sent the module to repair defective power source. It's better to have backup right away without all harsh of waiting and no power.
                  Yes, that happened to me, the cable go to wall outlet not working, i have to digged out my old power supply to get different cable for that.

Comment

Working...
                  X