Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Pearl MimiPRO - New Manufacturer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl MimiPRO - New Manufacturer

Here's something I noticed in digitalDrummer mag.

image_33703.jpg

Last edited by EssKayKay; 02-08-19, 02:55 PM.

Matte black would be nice - can't wait to see it.
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

hopefully they sell the "new" power adapter, i don't like the cheap power adapter that came with $2400 mimic, i had to replace the power cable for my adapter

Comment

Hmm, sounds like the one I got in December may be from the new manufacturer, it is matt and the power supply has locking sockets like I've never seen before on a psu. It's a bit like the chassis clips on xlr connectors but on an iec lead. I don't imagine it makes any real difference, I've never had a cable pull out of a psu brick socket before!

Comment

The Mimic module on display at NAMM was the new matte black. pic from DigitialDrummer.
          Pearl Mimic Pro 2019 Black Matte.png
          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

They also clarified some of the back I/O, from what I hear.
            Alan
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
              They also clarified some of the back I/O, from what I hear.
              Hi Alan VEX , can you clarify what the "back I/O" means? Mine has a bad screen, and the whole Mimic is being replaced under warranty, so I'm getting one from the new run. I'm curious what will be different about the replacement. Thx.
              ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Just what I said. They made it more clear what the Input/Output is on the back panel.
                Alan
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Glad to hear some of the improvements on the hardware side. If anyone has some pictures to share on the new/improved power adapter/cord it would be great!
                  Last edited by TWynn; 02-09-19, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Looks nice!

Do we know if it's a chemical, paint, sandblasted, or something else?

Curious to find out to what extent they compromised between a more robust scratch resistant finish, a more superior aesthetic effect (say for example, a metallic sparkle fit for cars) and obviously cost of it all.
                    ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                    Community Drum Module Document
                    PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Here are pictures of the io and psu.

Comment

Thanks. It's nice to have Line out 1/2 labeled as Master Out L/R. Does that red thing "lock-in" the adapter?

MP_NewPSU.JPG

Comment

Yes the red thing is the lock. I've never seen this arrangement before and to be honest I'm not sure that it makes much difference. I'd much rather the lv cable was more robust if they are seeking to make the psu more suited to the rigours of gigging. In fact I'd rather the unit was designed to take mains voltage with no brick at all.

Comment

I have the new model and can confirm that. Matte Black finish is looking very fine and high quality. No more dents in the housing.
                            New powersupply and white labeled Output connectors on the back.
                            ATV aDrums with a Mimic Pro, Superior Drummer 3.0

Comment

In fact on the psu I was thinking that the problem when you strengthen something is you just transfer load somewhere else in the system.

by making the connection between the heavy, strong 240v cable to the brick essentially unbreakable, if there is ever a violent pull that would otherwise have ripped the plug out of the socket (without actually breaking it), then all that will happen is either the other end of the brick with the fragile thin lv cable will bear all the force, or the connection between the lv and the mimic will.

having destroyed psu bricks before by ripping lv cables I would definitely prefer the 240v cable just came out of its socket!

Comment

Working...
                              X