Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD15 setup vs TD12/TD10 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD15 setup vs TD12/TD10 setup

Hey there!

I've recently purchased a used vdrum kit that came with a TD12, a TD10, and some older (but still nice) drums, including some PD120s.

I'm kind of conflicted (and have read different advice) on how to set everything up. I'm wondering about a few things:
    • PD120s vs. PDX8 Ė Is there any difference in sensitivity? I want to use the PD120 for the snare since it's bigger and looks better.
    • PD120s were pretty dirty/dusty. I cleaned them up, but the sensitivity doesn't seem to be there. Would a replacement foam cone help with that?
    • Would you keep the TD12 and TD10 and run them through a VST, or keep the TD15 and run that through a VST? What are the pros/cons?
    • Do the TD12 and TD15 have different levels of sensitivity (or other features)? Does it matter if you're triggering through a VST like Superior Drummer?
    • Some of the older cymbals (CY-8s) seem to have pretty poor sensitivity, even when configured properly in the module. How long do their piezo generally last?
    Whatever setup I end up going with, I'd like to play the drums for recording in my home studio and also live at bars and whatnot.

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by therevisnotdead; 02-08-19, 01:25 PM.

I trigger Superior Drummer 3 with a TD-12 module (I just switched from a TD-11) and Iím in love with how the TD-12 triggers SD3. Very expressive, it triggers much better than the TD-11 and the positional sensing on the snare is so much fun, something you donít have on the TD-15. Of course maybe positional sensing is not that important for you, but just so you know, in SD3 you have center, mid-center and edge samples for the snare, itís really fun to play if you like to experiment with the snare and youíre not a dead-center hitter (positional sensing also makes more sense if you have a big snare. I have a 14 inch snare)

I triggered Superior drummer 2 with the TD-15 years ago and if I remember well the expressiveness and the triggering were very good. I donít think ití triggers better than the TD-12, maybe the opposite. Iíd keep the TD-12.
    Last edited by ilmagodiloz; 02-09-19, 12:52 AM.
    Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

Comment

Working...
    X