Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Mimic Repair Turn-Around Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thebigzw
    replied
    I don't remember for sure, but something like 2 weeks.

Customer service was great through the whole thing. Mine was for a broken days wheel, so a pretty straightforward fix, yours might be different

Leave a comment:

• dsnooc
    replied
    Of course. I carry my TD-20 to every gig and I have a TRS x 8 snake that I can use if either the module or the DB25 cable goes bad (just re-route the outputs).
    We kinda got off the subject here so I guess I'll just ask my question again - Anyone ever sent in a Mimic for service? If so, how long did it take before you got it back?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Chris K
    replied
    Originally posted by dsnooc View Post
    No- Haven't tried a different cable. Don't have one. I do hear sound from the channel, but it's very, very low volume. I have to turn the pre-amp way up on the mixer to get much volume at all. I have checked and the low level follows that output when I move the input to different channels on two different mixers. Seems that a bad cable would give me no signal or intermittent signal as I wiggle the cord. I see none of that - just a constant condition.
    It's better to have backup part on electronic drum for gigging, running without backup is risky and guessing, power conditioner, several cables backup, cable tester, module backup etc..You might loose one month, and need to order one at the end, if it's only the cable.
    Last edited by Chris K; 02-02-19, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dsnooc
    replied
    No- Haven't tried a different cable. Don't have one. I do hear sound from the channel, but it's very, very low volume. I have to turn the pre-amp way up on the mixer to get much volume at all. I have checked and the low level follows that output when I move the input to different channels on two different mixers. Seems that a bad cable would give me no signal or intermittent signal as I wiggle the cord. I see none of that - just a constant condition.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Warren
    replied
    Have you tried a different db25 cable?

Leave a comment:

• dsnooc
    replied
    Nope - not yet. I'll be on that Monday. Just trying to get an idea if I'm going to need to revert to my TD-20, which I could start working on over the weekend. Thx.

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Have you called them?

Leave a comment:

• dsnooc
    started a topic Mimic Repair Turn-Around Time?

Mimic Repair Turn-Around Time?

Not sure if this has been asked before. One of the outputs on my Mimic (1st channel on the DB25 connector) is not working and I'd like to have it repaired (under warranty). Problem is I need it for gigs and can't be without it for more than about ten days max. Anybody have experience on turn-around time for a repair on the Mimic? Thanks.
Working...
X