Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

2Box Drumit 5 Version 2 (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BURNIN AMBITION
    replied
    well i copied everything, lost all settings, but i reconfigured it and i think it plays even better. sounds are amazing. i am in love with the kit all over again

Leave a comment:

• BURNIN AMBITION
    replied
    Hi guys. I have a question. I have the ild orange module. How can i exchange my old 100 kits with the new 100 kits of new module? But without losing my module settings? Which files should i copy? I have read great words about new kits thats why i ask

Leave a comment:

• TangTheHump
    replied
    angr77 wrote:
    The 2Box DrumIt Five MKII is now shipping from a Swedish drum webshop:
    https://www.trumslagaren.se/en/produ...it-five-mkii-2
    Thanks for the good news! This time around, I hope to see broader, worldwide distribution. Fingers crossed! :-)

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    drumit5_mkii_perspektive1_spiegelung_grande.jpg?_=1559927793.jpg
    Hi!

The 2Box DrumIt Five MKII is now shipping from a Swedish drum webshop: https://www.trumslagaren.se/en/produ...it-five-mkii-2

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
    btw I have a question to a 2box users that bothers me for a long time.

How do you route stereo instruments to the direct outs?
    I mean - as soon as you have stereo instruments, your direct outs count is basically divided by 2.
    So if you have some ordinary kit like: snare/kick/hat/ride/four toms/2 crashes - how do you route it to 8 mono outputs?

I probbably need to add It's not any kind of irony or trolling - I really curious how people handle that.
    I usually map the following outputs like this.
    Kick- 1
    Snare - 2
    hi-hat -3
    Toms 4
    cymbals 5-6

I usually don’t use the 7-8 outputs...but if you want the snare in stereo...and get the toms in stereo, there are possibilities.

The 2box DrumIt Five MKII is very much the same hardware design as the old DrumIt Five...but has the universal trigger system + ext external SD access.

The sounds are stored in one file...and can have several different hits/sounds as described like bow, edge, bell or crossticks, rim. Each sound can have up to 128 stereo layers...so a 3 zone snare could have 128 layers for each trigger type. (44.1 KHz with 16 bit in stereo)

The hi-hat could use up to 8 sound layer groups (closed to open in 8 steps) up to 128 layers each...but most often the each layer is about 30-40 layers each on the hi-hat.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Last edited by angr77; 02-01-20, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris K
    replied
    it use stereo, imported one are 16bit\44.1khz 2box use one single files for all hit, I opened some 2box files there was like approx 65 hit total for bell\bow\edge combined, all sound are stereo.
    Last edited by Chris K; 01-31-20, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kabonfaiba
    replied
    Following up Mr Boo's question;

Does 2box support stereo samples for every zone? E.g. a dual TRS input that supports a 3 zone cymbal... is that stereo bow samples + stereo edge samples + stereo bell samples?

Leave a comment:

• JmanWord
    replied
    Originally posted by docdoghouse View Post

...but it wont have the ability to use third party triggers, pads, right?
    i wrote to sweden and asked if this ever will be possible and they said "No" because also there are changes in hardware.
    To use pads from other manufacturers is the only real new feature as far as i understand, of course compared to an old module with card mod, (some cosmetic changes left beside).
    does somebody has more/other informations on that? as others i am considering about selling the old one, but because i still have the original hihat pad maybe it wont be worth it.

It won't change the module magically and give it new inputs. But all the same pads you could use on the original Drumit Five will still work, plus there are settings like the new Xtalk type settings between head and rim on a piezo/piezo pad which are an improvement over the previous LXTR settings in OS 1.32 ... I was addressing Peter's post about updating the OS .... and as I said the new OS is compatible with the old Drumit Five.

Leave a comment:

• docdoghouse
    replied
    Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

The new OS is compatible with the original Drumit Five. It has new trigger parameters and a few features. Worth the update. It won't change your instruments/kits/content. All you have to do is drag the new OS which is the file DrumitOS134.10.bin to the ROOT of the 32GB Card and the ROOT of your original 4GB 2Box Card. Do it in a Card Reader, do not attempt to use the USB connection on the module after doing the Card Mod. I have updated both my modules and all the Cards I have currently.

...but it wont have the ability to use third party triggers, pads, right?
    i wrote to sweden and asked if this ever will be possible and they said "No" because also there are changes in hardware.
    To use pads from other manufacturers is the only real new feature as far as i understand, of course compared to an old module with card mod, (some cosmetic changes left beside).
    does somebody has more/other informations on that? as others i am considering about selling the old one, but because i still have the original hihat pad maybe it wont be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• JmanWord
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

Do you know if the original 2box module is exactly the same the the new one except the hi hat when the software is updated? I am selling one with the card mod right now and everything else seems to work well.
    The new OS is compatible with the original Drumit Five. It has new trigger parameters and a few features. Worth the update. It won't change your instruments/kits/content. All you have to do is drag the new OS which is the file DrumitOS134.10.bin to the ROOT of the 32GB Card and the ROOT of your original 4GB 2Box Card. Do it in a Card Reader, do not attempt to use the USB connection on the module after doing the Card Mod. I have updated both my modules and all the Cards I have currently.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Warren
    replied
    Originally posted by angr77 View Post
    Hi!

I got some inside info about the new MKII. It will start shipping very soon. (I would say not more than a couple of weeks)
    Some websites have it already up on their shops. Pricing will be about €200 higher compared to DrumIt Three. Now you have a 32GB SD card installed which also is external accessible. (Easy to move and install the card in your PC and just transfer a couple of gigabytes...using your best drum VSTs moved by the SDSE Software)

It has 6 outputs + headphones (which can be used as audio port 7&8) giving you 8 audio outputs. It is still the same number of trigger inputs as used in DI3. The MKII do also use the universal trigger interface introduced in DI3 (Where hi-hats and three zone rides from various vendors like Roland works directly) - It is only the ATV aD-H14 which will not work directly - but there is a conversion module for this from me - Zourman.com. :-)

A lot of time have been spent on the new OS 1.34.10 which works for all drumit's 5, 3 and 5 MKII. The new crosstalk feature for snares and toms is not bad at all...

Then there are some new great samples - (Yepp - additions to the already 1100 existing sounds)...but I think 2box wants to hold that info as a cliff hanger until the delivery starts! :-)

(Yes, I do really like my MKII...:-)) Freedom through the open sound system - plus my own samples!

Best Regards

Anders Gronlund / www.zourman.com

Do you know if the original 2box module is exactly the same the the new one except the hi hat when the software is updated? I am selling one with the card mod right now and everything else seems to work well.

Leave a comment:

• Espen
    replied
    I wrote this in EFNote topic but when I was gigging with Drumit5 I made following:
    Snare 1-2
    Kick 3-4
    Toms 5-6
    Cymbals 7-8

There really was a difference if feeding mono or stereo. Especially snare.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Boo
    replied
    btw I have a question to a 2box users that bothers me for a long time.

How do you route stereo instruments to the direct outs?
    I mean - as soon as you have stereo instruments, your direct outs count is basically divided by 2.
    So if you have some ordinary kit like: snare/kick/hat/ride/four toms/2 crashes - how do you route it to 8 mono outputs?

I probbably need to add It's not any kind of irony or trolling - I really curious how people handle that.

Leave a comment:

• molson
    replied
    Originally posted by Soultone View Post

I bought the d3 when it first came out and hated the playability of the hi hat, spent several day tweaking setting and watching videos from YouTube like zourman. I had a much better response with the older 5 and jmans mod. I hope it has been updated from when it first came out. I wish all modules would take page from atv, loved how easy that module was to set up with other pads. Just my 2cents
    The hi-hat is the one thing that would drive me crazy if it didn't work well. I have the ATV hi-hat but also have Jmans 2Box converter box from years ago so I'd probably use that in place of the ATV controller.

Leave a comment:

• Soultone
    replied
    Originally posted by molson View Post
    I've considered going back to 2Box. Love the Mimic but still prefer other sound libraries and I really doubt a Mimic "importer" will ever materialize. I was never 100% satisfied with the triggering on the original Di5. Has that improved with the Di3 and Di5MKII?
    I bought the d3 when it first came out and hated the playability of the hi hat, spent several day tweaking setting and watching videos from YouTube like zourman. I had a much better response with the older 5 and jmans mod. I hope it has been updated from when it first came out. I wish all modules would take page from atv, loved how easy that module was to set up with other pads. Just my 2cents

Leave a comment:

Working...
X