Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

2Box Drumit 5 Version 2 (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
    Wasn't expecting a DrumIt Five Mk2! That is highly appealing now that it's a) Modernised with the universal triggering engine b) has SD card access without mods.

What a shame they didn't expand the inputs though, they should have focused on making this a live performance module imo. TRS jacks are too valuable to waste as outputs. Go digital for that if you need it. USB multitrack.
    it has much better power, flexibility and memory then gewa.
    Last edited by Chris K; 01-28-19, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post
      Anybody ask about price and availability?
      the price can't be too much close to drumit3 or will "kill" drumit3 sales. perhaps 400\500$ more
      Last edited by Chris K; 01-28-19, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Okay it's been a year... can we buy it now?
        ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
        ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
        PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

I'm really curious about the KAT re-brand of the Drumit 3 personally. Makes me wonder if 2Box will abandon the 3 and completely focus on the 5 MKII.
          ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
            I'm really curious about the KAT re-brand of the Drumit 3 personally. Makes me wonder if 2Box will abandon the 3 and completely focus on the 5 MKII.
            is there any more information about that anywhere? on the 2box forums perhaps? the only mention of it i've seen is the one photo that was posted here
            Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

I got interested in the 2box stuff last year. Looked into buying, had money in hand. Then some angry fellow yelled "No module for you. Get out! No come back one year!". I guess that's been the story for a while if my reading of the unofficial forums is any indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post

is there any more information about that anywhere? on the 2box forums perhaps? the only mention of it i've seen is the one photo that was posted here
                I posted about it at the 2Box forum. Alternative Mode has been using/selling the Drumit Three for a while now. They just have a rebranded/painted model now. https://www.2box-forum.com/index.php....html#msg30354
                I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Hi!

I got some inside info about the new MKII. It will start shipping very soon. (I would say not more than a couple of weeks)
                  Some websites have it already up on their shops. Pricing will be about €200 higher compared to DrumIt Three. Now you have a 32GB SD card installed which also is external accessible. (Easy to move and install the card in your PC and just transfer a couple of gigabytes...using your best drum VSTs moved by the SDSE Software)

It has 6 outputs + headphones (which can be used as audio port 7&8) giving you 8 audio outputs. It is still the same number of trigger inputs as used in DI3. The MKII do also use the universal trigger interface introduced in DI3 (Where hi-hats and three zone rides from various vendors like Roland works directly) - It is only the ATV aD-H14 which will not work directly - but there is a conversion module for this from me - Zourman.com. :-)

A lot of time have been spent on the new OS 1.34.10 which works for all drumit's 5, 3 and 5 MKII. The new crosstalk feature for snares and toms is not bad at all...

Then there are some new great samples - (Yepp - additions to the already 1100 existing sounds)...but I think 2box wants to hold that info as a cliff hanger until the delivery starts! :-)

(Yes, I do really like my MKII...:-)) Freedom through the open sound system - plus my own samples!

Best Regards

Anders Gronlund / www.zourman.com

Last edited by angr77; 01-29-20, 03:44 PM.
                  Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.11. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

so looking like roughly $1400 CAD not necessarily counting shipping or taxes from the link you posted.

welp, maybe i'll find a used one on ebay in a few years
                    Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

2box i still think is the best since it will never be outdated, can always load new samples. I just wish they would have added a couple more inputs. I've said it before but don't need the extra B inputs for all cymbals, would have been better to use those 2 of those as universal dual zone inputs, 1 extra cymbal and 1 extra tom. Now I am sure there is more to it than we see at the surface level as just input jacks (software changes, hardware changes inside) but would have been worth the effort. I guess it leaves them room for future improvements and releases or i'll just be tempted to pick up a second module to expand

Comment

I've considered going back to 2Box. Love the Mimic but still prefer other sound libraries and I really doubt a Mimic "importer" will ever materialize. I was never 100% satisfied with the triggering on the original Di5. Has that improved with the Di3 and Di5MKII?

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
                          I've considered going back to 2Box. Love the Mimic but still prefer other sound libraries and I really doubt a Mimic "importer" will ever materialize. I was never 100% satisfied with the triggering on the original Di5. Has that improved with the Di3 and Di5MKII?
                          I bought the d3 when it first came out and hated the playability of the hi hat, spent several day tweaking setting and watching videos from YouTube like zourman. I had a much better response with the older 5 and jmans mod. I hope it has been updated from when it first came out. I wish all modules would take page from atv, loved how easy that module was to set up with other pads. Just my 2cents

Comment

Originally posted by Soultone View Post

I bought the d3 when it first came out and hated the playability of the hi hat, spent several day tweaking setting and watching videos from YouTube like zourman. I had a much better response with the older 5 and jmans mod. I hope it has been updated from when it first came out. I wish all modules would take page from atv, loved how easy that module was to set up with other pads. Just my 2cents
                            The hi-hat is the one thing that would drive me crazy if it didn't work well. I have the ATV hi-hat but also have Jmans 2Box converter box from years ago so I'd probably use that in place of the ATV controller.

Comment

btw I have a question to a 2box users that bothers me for a long time.

How do you route stereo instruments to the direct outs?
                              I mean - as soon as you have stereo instruments, your direct outs count is basically divided by 2.
                              So if you have some ordinary kit like: snare/kick/hat/ride/four toms/2 crashes - how do you route it to 8 mono outputs?

I probbably need to add It's not any kind of irony or trolling - I really curious how people handle that.

Comment

I wrote this in EFNote topic but when I was gigging with Drumit5 I made following:
                                Snare 1-2
                                Kick 3-4
                                Toms 5-6
                                Cymbals 7-8

There really was a difference if feeding mono or stereo. Especially snare.

Comment

Working...
                                X