Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

2Box Drumit 5 Version 2 (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Box Drumit 5 Version 2 (2019)

At NAMM 2019 2Box seems to Show a new Version of the Drumit Five Module (see 65 Drums on Facebook): anybody heard anything? what changed?
    A2E: PDP M5 Cherry Red, Drumtec Design Mesh Heads,Jobeky/ 2Box/Roland /ddt Triggersamaha Cymbals:PCY135, PCY155 Roland FD-9. TD17 and Audiofron eDrumIn Module. Triggering AD2, SD3 and SSD5.

2box has something up its sleeve....

Soooooo, why don't you guys come and visit us at booth 4620 at this years NAMM Show . Rock on you legends.

Comment

Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post
      2box has something up its sleeve....
      looks like an integrated SD slot on the side?
      Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post

looks like an integrated SD slot on the side?
        it's drumit5 II, look like all identical to drumits 3 except sd card and 2 direct out more, side sd, same trigger input amount, 4 toms,3 cymbal, 1 kick, 1 snare, 1 hihat

dt2.jpgdt51.jpg
        Last edited by Chris K; 01-24-19, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

it's drumit5 II, look like all identical to drumits 3 except sd card and 2 direct out more, side sd, same trigger input amount, 4 toms,3 cymbal, 1 kick, 1 snare, 1 hihat

dt2.jpgdt51.jpg
          liars!! I thought they weren't making Drumit Five successor...thanks for the info!

I already "upgraded" drom the Five to the Drumit Three with the card mod. I actually don't need the extra outputs right now but would have been nice to have a built in card slot, oh well...I wonder the specs on card sizes that can be used and if the usb speed is still old slow tech or if they upgraded that too and the price.
          Last edited by 96max5sp; 01-24-19, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 96max5sp View Post

and if the usb speed is still old slow tech or if they upgraded that too and the price.
            It will ship with the 32GB ATP SDHC card. No USB connection on the module .... with the card slot you use the SD card in a Card Reader on the computer. Just like those of us that added the external card slot do now. It is still a very select group of cards that will even work in the module without lag or stutter. They already know the 32GB ATP card works, and the reason they will include that one.
            Last edited by JmanWord; 01-24-19, 11:20 PM.
            I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

The new DrumIt Five is working fine with 64 GB cards (ATP, which is formatted in fat32) as well but the rumor says it could take even bigger cards.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
              Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post
                The new DrumIt Five is working fine with 64 GB cards (ATP, which is formatted in fat32) as well but the rumor says it could take even bigger cards.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
                I've read some of your posts. One thing I have noticed when testing though ..... as an example .... the same ATP card but 4, 8, 16, 32GB ...... while the 32GB still has a better Read Access time than most non ATP cards out there and works fine, the smaller cards tend to get slightly faster as you get smaller ... So, to me there can be a diminishing return. I prolly have 50 32GB cards in the drawer filled with almost every VST kit you can name ..... and could switch cards in 6 seconds ...... Just sayin .... LOL And I also have some 32GB cards that out-perform the ATP 32GB ....
                Something Bengt and I discussed today. Companies change chips in cards from brand to brand, model to model or batch to batch. I have had some incredible cards ..... the next batch, card looks identical but no where near as good as the other card.... So, he is getting Cards that use the chips known to work. All the ones I am currently using perform at least as well as the ATP's or better ..... and I also have a bunch of the 32GB ATP cards.
                One thing we know for sure .... you can't just take any Random card, put it in the Drumit module and expect it to work. Good example were some of the early cards where they switched brands for the Drumit 3. Plenty had problems with that.
                Last edited by JmanWord; 01-25-19, 12:41 AM.
                I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

winter namm thread https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...on-topic/page3
                  Last edited by Chris K; 01-25-19, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

One thing we know for sure .... you can't just take any Random card, put it in the Drumit module and expect it to work. Good example were some of the early cards where they switched brands for the Drumit 3. Plenty had problems with that.
                    Here you are completely right, Jman - The DrumIts have some challenges with these cards, but when finding a working card - it is solid as a rock. I have made some tests on the 64GB ATP card - with about 50GBs of drum content...works like a charm!

I think 2box made a good move when launching the DI5 MK2 with a SD card slot.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
                    Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Why not solid state drive? I've heard that since "Deve Lopper" quit 2box there seems to be no major advancement or changes. Prove me if I'm wrong. It's the same module over and over again. Not saying it's not great, it's the best. Invest in some proprietary sound libraries or do a collab with someone just like Mimic did. Just my 2 cents that mean absolutely nothing to anyone

Comment

Yes the triggering is not so good on 2box drummit 3. Are there new trigger settings to dial in on this new module?

Comment

Wasn't expecting a DrumIt Five Mk2! That is highly appealing now that it's a) Modernised with the universal triggering engine b) has SD card access without mods.

What a shame they didn't expand the inputs though, they should have focused on making this a live performance module imo. TRS jacks are too valuable to waste as outputs. Go digital for that if you need it. USB multitrack.

Does anybody know how many cymbals the 2box DrumIt Three can truely support if you split some inputs into single zone triggers?
                          ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                          Community Drum Module Document
                          PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                            Wasn't expecting a DrumIt Five Mk2! That is highly appealing now that it's a) Modernised with the universal triggering engine b) has SD card access without mods.

What a shame they didn't expand the inputs though, they should have focused on making this a live performance module imo. TRS jacks are too valuable to waste as outputs. Go digital for that if you need it. USB multitrack.

Does anybody know how many cymbals the 2box DrumIt Three can truely support if you split some inputs into single zone triggers?
                            I think it was a good idea to add the 2 inputs back they "took away" in the drumit three which only has 4. Alot of people were complaining about this move and not sure everyone has digital hookups for their live setup.

With regards to trigger inputs it has 3 dedicated cymbal inputs, each capable of using 3 zone cymbals with pretty much any brand even ones that require 2 cables (the second input for cymbals can't be used for anything else even if not used from what i know). The hihat inputs for cymbal and controller, the kick is single zone but the 4 tom and 1 snare inputs are all dual zone and can be split. Usually people only split the toms for extra inputs as you use the snare rim for rim shot and cross-stick sounds. So if you split the tom inputs you can add 4 single zone cymbals (no choke) or any other single zone triggers to it such as extra toms, cowbell, whatever.
                            Last edited by 96max5sp; 01-25-19, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Anybody ask about price and availability?

Although I have learned from past experience with the drumit three the projected date means nothing until it is actually shipped and in stock

Comment

Working...
                              X