Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Upgrade from TD-30 to either TD-50 or Mimic Pro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just going to weigh in here and say the Mimic Pro is excellent. I just got one to replace my TD-20 module (which I'm selling) and it is great. It isn't only the sounds it is the interface. Setting up max velocity ceilings and cross talk settings was a breeze. Just click the screen and hit some pads. Updating the module was simple. Added the free extra tom sounds was easy too. I was using the TD-20 just to trigger VST drums but decided I want something that sounds good away from the computer which is why I went with the Mimic Pro.

Comment

One last thought for you, depending on what kind of gigs you are playing, you might be lucky to get 2 channels on the pa, and a lot of sound guys are not really comfortable with edrums. So you are probably not going to want to do a ton of kit changes or you'll be jacking up the mix. You probably want to stick with 1 good kick and snare. TD 50 has xlrs on the head, which is nice. If you have a regular sound guy with a great PA ignore me. I've played a lot of crappy gigs over the years.

Comment

Gotta agree with monkeymanx, and my original post. Mimic is really a great choice. The 30 (even your 20 kit) with a Mimic would be great.
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I feel like if you are going to use the sounds in the module there is nothing even close right now to the Mimic and the triggering is excellent. I still do think Roland has excellent triggering and response and is an excellent tool to capture midi for a VST. This is mainly why I didn't bother to upgrade my TD-20 module until now, it was performing excellent as a trigger to midi interface and captured the performance very well.

Comment

Working...
          X