Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Fill me in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relayer
    started a topic Fill me in

Fill me in

Was heavily into electronic drums, 'til a situation necessitated that I use acoustics. I had an elaborate TD-12 outfit. Anyway, in the market for a basic ekit. When I gave up elec. drums, Pearl had come up with a kit that used real samples. There was another brand whose name escapes me, that had some orange drums and a real sample module. Don't need a wide variety of kits, but need them to be real samples. Advice anyone? I used BFD and Toontrack VSTs with my TD-12, but don't need or want the computer needed to go that route. Thanks so very much.

• Relayer
    replied
    Originally posted by molson View Post
    Nice - enjoy!
    Thank you, sir.

Leave a comment:

• molson
    replied
    Nice - enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Relayer
    replied
    There it is. Spent the afternoon and evening putting everything together and tweaking. The hats were tricky, but I'm making good progress. By Friday, I'll be ready to go. Thanks again all of you. ATV kit.jpg

Leave a comment:

• molson
    replied
    Originally posted by Relayer View Post

I've got a few HH stands. None of them are right for this kit. Picked out a Trick HH stand for my order. I've used their stuff for years and it's very high quality.
    Nice! - certainly not cutting any corners there.

Leave a comment:

• RIneuron
    replied

For the aD5, mounting to the HH stand is fine, but the Mimic is much larger and heavier. I find a separate stand a must.
    Yes. I used the included clamp to attach it to a double braced cymbal stand along with my iPad using a separate clamp. Plenty stable.

Leave a comment:

• Relayer
    replied
    While you're in the buying mood - make sure you have a good hi-hat stand.
    I've got a few HH stands. None of them are right for this kit. Picked out a Trick HH stand for my order. I've used their stuff for years and it's very high quality.

Leave a comment:

• molson
    replied
    While you're in the buying mood - make sure you have a good hi-hat stand.

Leave a comment:

• Relayer
    replied

For the aD5, mounting to the HH stand is fine, but the Mimic is much larger and heavier. I find a separate stand a must.
    Well, I'd already ordered the stand and the holder, so I should be in good shape. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• molson
    replied
    Originally posted by Relayer View Post

Hmm. Thanks for the info. I bought a stand for the Gibraltar module mount, which sounds like maybe I don't need. I got the Standard set. I agree that for that price, it should come with all the needed hardware.

Leave a comment:

• Relayer
    replied
    Originally posted by RIneuron View Post
    My ATV aDrums Artist expanded set (no module) came with a clamp to hold the module to a stand, but you do need to buy the little square mount for the Mimic. Which is my one complaint about this expensive module---it should ship with the appropriate mount and screws to prevent inadvertent damage.
    Hmm. Thanks for the info. I bought a stand for the Gibraltar module mount, which sounds like maybe I don't need. I got the Standard set. I agree that for that price, it should come with all the needed hardware.

Leave a comment:

• RIneuron
    replied
    My ATV aDrums Artist expanded set (no module) came with a clamp to hold the module to a stand, but you do need to buy the little square mount for the Mimic. Which is my one complaint about this expensive module---it should ship with the appropriate mount and screws to prevent inadvertent damage.

Leave a comment:

• Relayer
    replied
    Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
    It's almost Christmas time again for you, enjoy!
    Thanks very much. It's been a number of years since I've bought any new gear, so it's pretty exciting.

Leave a comment:

• jammin777
    replied
    It's almost Christmas time again for you, enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Relayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
    This has been a fun thread to follow. Relayer, definitely follow up here with setup and final pics. Itíll be fun to watch it come together, and hear your experience.
    Oh man, I really appreciate all the help. I will definitely l post pics. I've got one of my acoustic kits for sale to make room for the ATVs, It's gonna be crowded in my rehearsal space for the short term.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X