Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Fill me in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been a fun thread to follow. Relayer, definitely follow up here with setup and final pics. Itíll be fun to watch it come together, and hear your experience.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
      This has been a fun thread to follow. Relayer, definitely follow up here with setup and final pics. Itíll be fun to watch it come together, and hear your experience.
      Oh man, I really appreciate all the help. I will definitely l post pics. I've got one of my acoustic kits for sale to make room for the ATVs, It's gonna be crowded in my rehearsal space for the short term.
      No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

It's almost Christmas time again for you, enjoy!
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
          It's almost Christmas time again for you, enjoy!
          Thanks very much. It's been a number of years since I've bought any new gear, so it's pretty exciting.

Comment

My ATV aDrums Artist expanded set (no module) came with a clamp to hold the module to a stand, but you do need to buy the little square mount for the Mimic. Which is my one complaint about this expensive module---it should ship with the appropriate mount and screws to prevent inadvertent damage.

Comment

Originally posted by RIneuron View Post
              My ATV aDrums Artist expanded set (no module) came with a clamp to hold the module to a stand, but you do need to buy the little square mount for the Mimic. Which is my one complaint about this expensive module---it should ship with the appropriate mount and screws to prevent inadvertent damage.
              Hmm. Thanks for the info. I bought a stand for the Gibraltar module mount, which sounds like maybe I don't need. I got the Standard set. I agree that for that price, it should come with all the needed hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post

Hmm. Thanks for the info. I bought a stand for the Gibraltar module mount, which sounds like maybe I don't need. I got the Standard set. I agree that for that price, it should come with all the needed hardware.
                For the aD5, mounting to the HH stand is fine, but the Mimic is much larger and heavier. I find a separate stand a must.
                Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post

For the aD5, mounting to the HH stand is fine, but the Mimic is much larger and heavier. I find a separate stand a must.
                  Well, I'd already ordered the stand and the holder, so I should be in good shape. Thanks.

Comment

While you're in the buying mood - make sure you have a good hi-hat stand.

Comment

While you're in the buying mood - make sure you have a good hi-hat stand.
                      I've got a few HH stands. None of them are right for this kit. Picked out a Trick HH stand for my order. I've used their stuff for years and it's very high quality.

Comment

Yes. I used the included clamp to attach it to a double braced cymbal stand along with my iPad using a separate clamp. Plenty stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post

I've got a few HH stands. None of them are right for this kit. Picked out a Trick HH stand for my order. I've used their stuff for years and it's very high quality.
                          Nice! - certainly not cutting any corners there.

Comment

There it is. Spent the afternoon and evening putting everything together and tweaking. The hats were tricky, but I'm making good progress. By Friday, I'll be ready to go. Thanks again all of you. ATV kit.jpg

Comment

Nice - enjoy!

Comment

Nice - enjoy!
                                Thank you, sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X