Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Fill me in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reassurance. Yes, everything is due to arrive on Tuesday, and I'd like to be up an running by Friday when we have a jam at my house.
    No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Forewarning... EVERY pad manufactured will likely require SOME bit of tweaking for YOUR playing style/dynamics/etc. Expect it.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah, there's been at least a couple of people that have commented that they had a hard time with the hh and ride. I'm used to tweaking kits from back in my VST days, but just thought there might be a universal fix that people knew about.

Comment

The universal fix is "read the manual" I suspect most people having trouble didn't bother...
          Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

More than likely, you're right. Can't be any harder than configuring and tweaking for VSTs. I was a beta tester for Ocean Way Drums, Addictive Drums and Steven Slate. Finally tweaked the kit until it worked well with all three, plus BFD and some of the Native Instrument drum VSTs. I figure I can suss everything out in a couple of days. Thanks for the response.

Comment

The Mimic takes some learning to reach its maximum potential, but just getting up and running with ATV drums is not difficult. Follow the hi-hat directions carefully. You may want to join the Mimic and ATV Facebook groups, where additional help is available.

Comment

Originally posted by RIneuron View Post
                The Mimic takes some learning to reach its maximum potential, but just getting up and running with ATV drums is not difficult. Follow the hi-hat directions carefully. You may want to join the Mimic and ATV Facebook groups, where additional help is available.
                Thanks for the suggestion. I will certainly look into joining those FB groups.

Comment

BTW, I ordered everything online. Forgot to ask if I need a module holder, or do the ATV kits come with one? If I need buy my own, is there one that everybody uses?

Comment

The ATV kit only comes with a mount if the aD5 is included. You'll need a different one anyway for the Mimic.

Here's what I use:
                    https://www.amazon.com/Gibraltar-SC-.../dp/B00HX9F1N2

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
                      The ATV kit only comes with a mount if the aD5 is included. You'll need a different one anyway for the Mimic.

Here's what I use:
                      https://www.amazon.com/Gibraltar-SC-.../dp/B00HX9F1N2

Thank you kindly. Ordered one of those, and the stand that holds it. Decided I really needed two crash cymbals, so I added one of those as well.

Comment

I can't remember but I think you need the metric screws for the mount also - I don't believe the Mimic comes with any.

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
                          I can't remember but I think you need the metric screws for the mount also - I don't believe the Mimic comes with any.
                          I'm sorryŚmetric screws for the Gibraltar mount or the Mimic Pro? The sales associate has yet to call me back, so I can add more stuff as needed. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post

I'm sorryŚmetric screws for the Gibraltar mount or the Mimic Pro? The sales associate has yet to call me back, so I can add more stuff as needed. Thanks again.
                            To attach the mount to the Mimic. Can't remember the size but I'm sure it's posted on this forum somewhere.

Comment

Mimic require screws size #10-32 1/2

Comment

Thanks guys. Duly noted and appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X