Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Which is the best multipad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The loading time depend on how much sample are loaded, not the length, fully loaded 38 samples with layers a and b is not more than 3-4 sec include full backing track. Less sample will be faster loading.
    Last edited by Chris K; 01-21-19, 11:33 PM.

Comment

if the loading time improves on this multipad strike compare to their previous samplepad pro, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post
        if the loading time improves on this multipad strike compare to their previous samplepad pro, that would be great.
        It's not the same at all, older was not usable with backing track and loading time was awful.
        Last edited by Chris K; 01-22-19, 07:27 AM.

Comment

The 12 maybe old, but it has: the most trigger inputs, 12 trigger fields, layer options, hh & footswitch inputs (do a proper mini kit can be made), finger trigger settings (for more dynamic playing and percussion like tabla, cajon and djembe), most extended midi options and more but the main thing. The sounds. I rarely needed a custom aound when working with producers or artist, because it had them all inside or could be tweaked.

The only downside is the steep learning curve (like a Drumkat) because it is more midi based then the others. The iOS editor does help.

I hope for a future 2.0 which combined the SX, Alesis Stike Multipad Pro and the 1.0. And more pads and pedals like the BT-1 and KT-10.
          Last edited by MusiQmaN; 01-23-19, 12:18 PM.
          www.musiqsoundsproductions.com

https://www.facebook.com/HilinMusic

Comment

I'm using the SPD-SX mainly for triggering self made (short) loop's (with Audacity) and backing-tracks, I hardly ever use one of the sounds or loops it originally came with.
            What I like a lot about the new Alesis Strike is the possibility to make a loop in realtime, that's something the SPD-SX isn't capable of.
            I will definitely buy a Alesis Strike multipad, but I think I will also keep the SPD-SX.

Comment

Finally I got the Strike Multipad...

First impressions are more then good! It's really well made! Very happy with the performance! Also sounds are very good!

The only complain that I could do is about the preset kits available, only 30. There are tons of good sounds inside but the user needs to put together and configure it... a lot of time is needed!

If Alesis would make a software to manage that from a computer via usb, this would be perfect....

Anyway, if some other owner wants to share kits I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by violaole View Post

First impressions are more then good! It's really well made! Very happy with the performance! Also sounds are very good!

The only complain that I could do is about the preset kits available, only 30. There are tons of good sounds inside but the user needs to put together and configure it... a lot of time is needed!

If Alesis would make a software to manage that from a computer via usb, this would be perfect....

how do you like the kit loading time and compare it to spd-sx? what about adjusting tempo of the loop on the fly, could this be done like spd-30? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post

how do you like the kit loading time and compare it to spd-sx? what about adjusting tempo of the loop on the fly, could this be done like spd-30? thanks.
                  I'm sorry but I can't compare with SPD-SX because I didn't owned any! I can just tell you that the loading time is around 2-3 sec... which could be a problem in a live scenario...
                  In my case is not a problem because I don't think I will need to change kit during a song!
                  The function to adjust tempo on the fly, for what I had the chance to see, it is possible to be done only to the kit tempo (metronome) not to the loops... But I have it just from few days, I need to go in deep with many features, including this one.

Comment

I'm sorry but I can't compare with SPD-SX because I didn't owned any! I can just tell you that the loading time is around 2-3 sec... which could be a problem in a live scenario...
                    In my case is not a problem because I don't think I will need to change kit during a song!
                    The function to adjust tempo on the fly, for what I had the chance to see, it is possible to be done only to the kit tempo (metronome) not to the loops... But I have it just from few days, I need to go in deep with many features, including this one.
                    Thanks.

Comment

The biggest problem for the Strike Multipad is if you try to use it as a percussion instrument and record your loops, you cannot change the tempo or BPM, it records audio so what you play is what you get unlike the Octapad which records MIDI and can change tempo easily and on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalMD View Post
                        The biggest problem for the Strike Multipad is if you try to use it as a percussion instrument and record your loops, you cannot change the tempo or BPM, it records audio so what you play is what you get unlike the Octapad which records MIDI and can change tempo easily and on the fly.
                        exactly .. i've been using spd-30 MIDI with TM-2 for more samples, i can get 4 MIDI notes from TM-2, loading/switching kits on the fly less about 1sec. SPD-30 running loop with samples from TM-2 too ... still looking a way to hook up 2 TM-2 modules with SPD-30 for the total of 8 MIDI notes/samples

Comment

its very easy to make your own preset kits, use the copy kit function and then you can really do it fast.
                          And remember to get the update, its include the possibility to import 24 bit samples, so now you dont need to convert samples to 16 bit like any other sample pads out there.

Only bummer i have encounted yet is the anoying thing when browsing all the kits. if you stop for a millisec then it will automatically tried to load that kit your curser stopped on.
                          but i guess there will be and update for that .

Comment

Working...
                          X