Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Upgrading toms and module on TD-4KP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metzalx
    started a topic Upgrading toms and module on TD-4KP

Upgrading toms and module on TD-4KP

I acquired a used TD-4KP last year which was a great option for me as I live in a small apartment. Am currently interested in upgrading the toms to mesh pads and changing to a TD-15 module, however this is proving really hard to do as the rack uses non-standard 1" tubing.

Does anyone know if the tom clamps on the TD-1KPX are available to purchase and what their part number is? I tried emailing Roland last year, but they were totally unhelpful.

I bought a used TD-15 module on eBay as well which is still on the way to me...Still thinking about a way to mount the module...Probably will pack the extra space with (?) pieces of rubber maybe, but if anyone has other more elegant ideas it would be much appreciated
    Last edited by metzalx; 01-12-19, 09:00 PM. Reason: Corrected some information

• ReeseRocket
    replied
    I was going to do the same thing. I have a Roland TD-4KP kit and a Roland TD-11 kit. If found it almost impossible to mount the TD-11 module on the KP kit. Changing the Snare to a TD-85 was easy. Changing toms and cymbals impossible without tearing somrthing up. SO? I gave up. I modified the TD-11 drum rack (Got rid of the center piece ) and put in 2 horizontal pieces like a TD-25 rack. So good luck with changing the TD-4KP rack. I gave up and I selling the KP kit. What I really wanted was a TD-11KP kit. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• FraserP
    replied
    Hi,

I upgraded my td4kp like this if you are interested:

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...upgraded-td4kp

Leave a comment:

• Raewae
    replied
    I just went to the auction site (don't know if we are allowed to mention names on this forum?) and searched TD-1kpx which results in "ROLAND Drum Rod Holder #749" coming up. The seller is out of stock but you will also need "ROLAND Drum Pad Mount Rod #750". The bolts and nuts are the same as US clamps so I just found somebody willing to sell me some. Google "Roland Rod Holder (For TD1KPX Tom Holder)" and it will take you to the UK retailer. Be sure to order both parts.

Leave a comment:

• NathanE
    replied
    Where are you based? I'd be happy to organise to post for you on a simple rack like the td11 if you wanted. It is bigger but not by much. Pm me if you'd like

Leave a comment:

• metzalx
    replied
    Originally posted by Raewae View Post
    I recently bought the mounts to upgrade my TD-4Kp to mesh toms. I had to get them from the famous auction site and wait over a month for them to arrive from an international seller. There is a web based seller in the UK who will also ship internationally. For the module mount I bought a piece of aluminum and borrowed a friends shop to machine it down to the correct diameters.
    Might you be able to share which mounts you used to mount the mesh toms? I can't find a suitable mount for the non-standard rack diameter

Leave a comment:

• Raewae
    replied
    I recently bought the mounts to upgrade my TD-4Kp to mesh toms. I had to get them from the famous auction site and wait over a month for them to arrive from an international seller. There is a web based seller in the UK who will also ship internationally. For the module mount I bought a piece of aluminum and borrowed a friends shop to machine it down to the correct diameters.

Leave a comment:

• metzalx
    replied
    Originally posted by NathanE View Post
    The rack from a td11 typically costs around 40 on eBay in the UK. Probably worth looking into a rack upgrade to get 1.5" tubes.
    Am actually hoping to keep my TD-4KP rack if possible due to space constraints... Unfortunately where I live, it's quite hard to find a rack for sale as well and I probably have to buy a whole kit to take apart... Quite cost-prohibitive to ship from overseas too due to the bulk and weight

Leave a comment:

• NathanE
    replied
    The rack from a td11 typically costs around 40 on eBay in the UK. Probably worth looking into a rack upgrade to get 1.5" tubes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X