Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Which edums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which edums

Hi, I have always recorded live drums to tape, recently ive used a roland spd20 and bass pad for recording with cubase.
    The roland has great sounds and works fine for basic patterns, effects etc, but i want to play/record with a live feel,jazz,blues etc.
    Ive looked at roland v-drums td8 etc, what type of setup do you suggest?
    Can you use brushes?
    Midi or audio recording?
    Do any modules have samplers?
    any other suggestions or pointers.
    Thanks

Depends wheter you are wanting a basic 5 piece and acoustic sounds or you want to use loops more effects etc.

Ddrum 4 or maybe a Roland TD-8. Ddrum 4 for more acoustic stuff would be better maybe or you could hook up a sampler and use say Bob Clearmountain or Drum Doctor samples triggered by the SPD-20.

Try both to see.

Mick
    www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

Today e-drums (still) don't have the full functionallity for brushes playing. The Roland kits have some decent brush sounds and - yes with plastic brushes - you can do on the PD-120 some wiping, but it's different than with acoustic drums. Some people also consider e-drums as beging a different instrument

I think the brush playing techniques will be translated for MIDI when recording neither.

Sometimes samplers have a better sound and you can load your own sounds into them. On the other hand: drummodules have more drum functionality. Try both
      Robert

Comment

Working...
      X