Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Spd-SX question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spd-SX question

I am wondering if you can trigger the sounds stored in teh SPD-SX via MIDI. I am talking about the sounds that are not currently assigned to pads in the active kit.

I want to MIDI a TD module to the SPD-SX and assign pads to the smaples I have in the SPD-SX.

Anyone know if you can do this?

DIY E-Pearl Rhythm Traveler
    Roland & Yamaha cymbals, DrumKAT TURBO 4.5, PoleKATs, TD-20

My Pink Floyd The Wall Tribute band - "Beyond The Wall"

all original CD with previous band - Rhyme & Reason

If I remember outside the 9 pad, remain 6 sound, footswitch 1-2 (2 samples) and 2 dual trigger, (4 samples) you can trigs these sound via midi without need to use the 9 pad. It's around 15 midi notes per kit. Roland is doing the same limitation on their newer module.
    Last edited by Chris K; 01-13-19, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Appreciate the answer. Its weird that you cant acces those sounds via midi

Comment

What cannot be accessed? Every note on the module can be midi triggered. Btw, footswitches also have two samples each.
        •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
        •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
        •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

If I'm reading right, you're hoping to access any sound at any point via midi without them necessarily being assigned in a kit. This isn't possible, unfortunately. The sounds must be assigned to a pad/footswitch in order to have a midi number attached, therefore you're limited to the number of samples that are allowed per kit (which as Chris states, is about 15 per kit). All midi notes 1-127 can be assigned to the pads but that doesn't change how many pads per kit can be used.

Comment

Yup, the samples in the library are not midi notes, for that you'd need a 'percussion set' of some sort to assign notes to the sounds.
            •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•

Comment

Pulsc is correct. That is what I was hopin to do.

Too bad. Would be a nice feature,

Also wish it had a midi sequencer or pattern record ability. I love the SPD-SX. Just am hoping to have 1 multipad do it all!
              Last edited by Rain Man; 01-14-19, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rain Man View Post
                Also wish it had a midi sequencer or pattern record ability. I love the SPD-SX. Just am hoping to have 1 multipad do it all!
                +1 to that

Comment

Working...
                X