Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ē The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Considering TD-50 Upgrade to TD-30 set-up on the MDS-12v - Need Configuration Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering TD-50 Upgrade to TD-30 set-up on the MDS-12v - Need Configuration Advice

Hello all. I currently have a TD-30KSE set-up (pd-128bc snare, 2x pdx-100 rack toms, 1x pdx-100 floor tom, 1x pd-125 floor tom) on a MDS-12v rack. I am seriously contemplating the TD-50 upgrade pack as I tried out the digital snare and ride and loved them.
    My question is for those former TD-30 users who have upgraded - what have you found to be the ideal configuration on the mds-12v rack? For example, is there still room for the second rack tom with the larger ride, or am I better off trading in one of the pdx-100s and living with one rack tom? I have some options on which components I sell/trade-in to off-set the cost of the upgrade, so any advice or pictures of current set-ups from folks who have something similar would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!
    TD-30KSE - contemplating the TD-50 digital upgrade package...

I'm using MDS-12 with 2 pd100 mount toms and 2 pd120 floor toms with plenty of room.

Comment

tivi Thanks for the quick reply! Any chance you could post a pic or two of your setup? Always find it helpful to see how fellow drummers set up their kits. If anyone else has thoughts/pics on this Iím all ears. Thanks again!

Comment

Here are photos

Comment

The right curve tube on MDS is a little short compare to the left curve tube .... you can switch them to have more rooms for your floor toms if you have to.

Comment

Good call on switching the tubes - may give that a shot. Thanks again!

Is anyone else who upgraded to the TD-50 Digital Pack using the rack from their original TD-30 kit? If so, would love to hear more about how you have configured things. Thanks so much!

Comment

I have the TD50 DP on a TD30KV MDS-25 rack with lots of extras and it is fine.
              Last edited by bcomer; 01-02-19, 07:15 PM.

Comment

bcomer Thanks - unfortunately I only have the MDS-12v (TD-30k rack, not TD-30kv), so I donít have quite as much space. Appreciate the reply though. Anyone with a TD-30k kit who did the upgrade?

Comment

I also upgraded my TD30K with the TD50 Upgrade kit. I used the original snare tube (the PD-140 requires a snare stand so this tube becomes free) and added this to the right side of the rack. My 1st floor tom is attached to the original rack and my 2nd floor tom is attached to this extension. Works fine and gives a little bit more space to move around. Btw i did't sell my pads. 2x CY15 are used as crash and 2x PD125's as floor toms. Tom1 is PD85 and Tom2 is PDX100
                  Last edited by Tommi; 01-03-19, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Tommi Awesome! I was actually looking over my current set-up last night and had this same idea - glad to know that it works well! Super helpful, thanks very much! Love the kit by the way!
                    Are you happy with the TD-50 digital upgrade kit?

Comment

Very happy

Comment

Working...
                      X