Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

What cymbals and hi hats will work with my TD-11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cymbals and hi hats will work with my TD-11

Hi vdrums. This is my 1st post on this site.
    I知 a new td-11 owner.
    Is there a list of what cymbals and hihats will work for my TD-11.
    In fact if any of you have suggestions on ANY kind of cymbals or hi hats that work great please let me know. I知 open for any suggestions!
    thanks
    tlz001

Originally posted by TLZ001 View Post
    Hi vdrums. This is my 1st post on this site.
    I知 a new td-11 owner.
    Is there a list of what cymbals and hihats will work for my TD-11.
    In fact if any of you have suggestions on ANY kind of cymbals or hi hats that work great please let me know. I知 open for any suggestions!
    thanks
    tlz001
    I'm surprised no members responded by now! Anyway, as far as cymbals all Roland cymbals will work with the module except the new Cy-18DR digital ride which only works with the new TD-50 module. So basically any of the Cy crashes or rides. Hi Hat: All the Roland FD pedals will work as well as the VH-10 and VH-11 Hi Hats. Pads is similar, all the Roland Mesh head pads will work except the Roland PD-140DS digital snare which only works with the TD-50, (also rubber Roland pads will work). However for pads since the TD-11 does not use positional sensing you will not get that advantage if using the center mount type pads. Mesh pads like PDX-6, PDX-8, PDX-12 are the less expensive side mount Piezo/Piezo mesh pads and really all you need and they have the advantage of NO center hot spot. But the center mount Piezo/Piezo pads like PD-108, PD-105, PD-128, PD-125, PD-85, PDX-100, etc. will also work. Many non Roland pads and cymbals will also work, so if you are looking at some non-Roland types just ask. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by JmanWord; 12-30-18, 11:50 AM.
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

This is also a good resource:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_V-Drums

ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

WOW guys thanks for the info. The wikipedia link is cool. I bookmarked that!
        So let me pose this question a different way. What cymbals (roland or not) are the best I can get for my td-11?
        I've seen some reviews of non-roland cymbal pads that have dead spots and other issues.
        I have a couple of sellers on ebay that have been very helpful about what they have that will work with my set.
        For the record I also made a couple of the splitters so I can run with 6 toms. so far i think that's going to work. Any thoughts on that?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

Mesh pads like PDX-6, PDX-8, PDX-12 and PDX-100 are the less expensive side mount Piezo/Piezo mesh pads and really all you need and they have the advantage of NO center hot spot...
          Actually, PDX-100 are center mounted Piezo/Piezo. They are great for the bucks
          Pearl 14x3,5 Free Floating Stainless Steel + DDT Truss trigger/PD-108(alto)/PD-128StoRegular(medium)/PD-128(floor)/KD-140(kick)/ATV 14 HiHat)/ATV 18(ride)/ATV 16(crash)/TD-12/MDS-25

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier75009 View Post

Actually, PDX-100 are center mounted Piezo/Piezo. They are great for the bucks
            Correct, and they have the same triggering components as the newer PD128s. (as opposed to the older style trigger components found in the PD125).
            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Again, Great info and ideas. Thanks to all for all of the input
              TLZ001

Comment

So Let's throw this conversation in a completely different direction.
                Has anyone tried to trigger the zildjian low volume cymbals?
                I'd be curious how they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by TLZ001 View Post
                  So Let's throw this conversation in a completely different direction.
                  Has anyone tried to trigger the zildjian low volume cymbals?
                  I'd be curious how they did it.

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                  Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X