Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Anything better than TD-17KV for €1.000/$1.130?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything better than TD-17KV for €1.000/$1.130?

Hello guys,

I'm seriously considering buying TD-17KV for around €1.000/$1.130.

Anything out there on the market better for the price? Thanks.

• coldpumpkin
    replied
    Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post

Starting price for a new Roland TD-25K is $1600 and that's with a 20% off discount at GC here in the U.S. I don't know if that fits into your definition of around $1,130 but I'd bet a salesperson could get the TD-25K price closer to a TD-17KV price if you were ready to walk out of the store with it.

If you get a chance to sit down and play both I highly recommend it. I was after a TD-17KV and I'm a sucker for the newest product but the build in the TD-25K pads, rack and module and the triggering and sound quality proved better for me. Despite everything I would have thought. I don't own either and people love their TD-17KV after taking one home and the price is right but try and whack one for a while before pulling the trigger if you can. I should add I tried the kits out at Sam Ash and they were willing to go to around $1400 on the TD-25K which isn't too far from $1130.
    Thanks for your input. I ended buying it (before you wrote your post) and had to import it from another city. Anyway I'm satisfied with it so far.

There are just two things making me scratch my head - the strainer tension adjustment isn't really making any difference (I'm about to post another topic about this issue now) and the hi-hat pedal is extremely sensitive when it's all the way pressed. I had to remove one of the springs and even so I really have to put some tension / strength on my foot for it to be completely closed. The module also has a sensitive configuration for the pedal but I just can't seem to find the same feel as I got from my previous acoustic drum set (from 10 years ago). Anyway I'm kinda noobie so it could be just me.

Leave a comment:

• Howstamychi
    replied
    Originally posted by coldpumpkin View Post
    Hello guys,

Starting price for a new Roland TD-25K is $1600 and that's with a 20% off discount at GC here in the U.S. I don't know if that fits into your definition of around $1,130 but I'd bet a salesperson could get the TD-25K price closer to a TD-17KV price if you were ready to walk out of the store with it.

If you get a chance to sit down and play both I highly recommend it. I was after a TD-17KV and I'm a sucker for the newest product but the build in the TD-25K pads, rack and module and the triggering and sound quality proved better for me. Despite everything I would have thought. I don't own either and people love their TD-17KV after taking one home and the price is right but try and whack one for a while before pulling the trigger if you can. I should add I tried the kits out at Sam Ash and they were willing to go to around $1400 on the TD-25K which isn't too far from $1130.
    Last edited by Howstamychi; 02-03-19, 02:17 PM. Reason: Wording

Leave a comment:

• JB7
    replied
    I just ordered a TD-17KV. I was able to pay quite a bit less than advertised price. Roland has a promotion for a free VH-10 hi-hat with the purchase of 17KV. That made the package even more compelling for the price. I did some comparisons with other manufacturers’ offerings. I couldn’t find anything as nice as the 17KV at that price.

Looking forward to receiving and playing it in a couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• MylesB
    replied
    Almost bought the drumit-5. Glad i waited for the 17kvx to come out. You can always add a HH stand down the road. What a nice kit...

Leave a comment:

• coldpumpkin
    replied
    Noice

Leave a comment:

• EssKayKay
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Best for the buck.
    +1 Have to agree

Leave a comment:

• Chris K
    replied
    Originally posted by coldpumpkin View Post
    Hello guys,

Best for the buck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X