Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland td-10 and acoustic drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland td-10 and acoustic drums

i am thinking about hooking a roland td-10 up to my regular drumset. i need some ideas about how to go about doing this. i have 2 bass drums, snare, 10 12 13 14 inch toms, 16 inch floor tom. any input apprecitated.

You will need a trigger and a cable for each drum you plan on connecting. That's it!

Comment

Originally posted by Solace666:
      i am thinking about hooking a roland td-10 up to my regular drumset. i need some ideas about how to go about doing this. i have 2 bass drums, snare, 10 12 13 14 inch toms, 16 inch floor tom. any input apprecitated.
      The TD-10 is just the brain so are you planning on triggering your acoustic drums or are you going to add pads and a TD-10 to supplement what you have?
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

If you plan on enhancing your acoustic sound with edrums, that is what I do when I play out. It really sounds great and there is no mike feedback! If this is what you plan on doing, let us know. There are more than enough people here to give you some great ideas!
        V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Ddrum acoustic drum triggers go good!
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Yep. The only problem is x-talk. An acoustic drum or cymbal near a trigger will always give false triggers. You can raise the treshold then (or other parameters) but this will limit the dynamics.

Also: large drumheads (16 inch toms) can cause huge waves, which may lead to false triggers as well. You can avoid this by muffling the acoustic drums for a more decent triggering. But then you also shorten the acoustic sound.
            Robert

Comment

There are endless possibilities when using
              triggers on acoustic drums.
              89vett

Comment

thanks for the input everyone. Yeah, i'm going to trigger my drums. i was just wondering which triggers would work best with the td-10 and how to exactly go about hooking this monstrosity up.

Comment

Working...
                X