Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Which kit to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Badmeat - I know you will be pleased. keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post
      Congrats Badmeat - I know you will be pleased. keep us posted.
      Thanks. Thereís some features that the Yamaha kit has over this, but I figure you canít go wrong with Roland. Plus itís a newer kit so the module and software should be solid.

Comment

Congratulations!

I try to be the voice of reason: Don`t upgrade the Ride and HiHat to fast: you will have fun with your TD17-KV, upgrade when it Limits your Playing. Which for a beginner is not going to happen for a Long time. Also, having new gear in a year or two will inspire and motivate you again and you will really feel the difference if you have played the current Setup for a while and then get nicer Additions.

The TD-17KV is a really nice kit. Way better base for potential upgrading and a Long lifespan then the TD1-DMK: The TD-1 Module is just to limited.
        Last edited by holzi2000; 12-12-18, 01:15 AM.
        Pearl Forum, Gretsch Snare, Drumtec Mesh Heads, 2Box/Roland/Jobeky Triggers, Roland/Yamaha Cymbals, VH11, Roland TD25 Module. Triggering AD2 and SSD5.

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post
          . . . . Also, having new gear in a year or two will inspire and motivate you again. . . .
          Ahhh There's merit to this - worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hokuahi View Post
            I've no regrets about purchasing my TD17-KVX.
            For the price you can't go wrong, nice choice, you basically got base sound from TD-50 much improved patch, with the essential base feature from td-50 and the importing wav engine, all package way lower then the td-50 sound module.
            Last edited by Chris K; 12-13-18, 09:53 AM.

Comment

So I just picked up my kit and I feel like I got a pretty solid deal. The online promotion changed to the free VH-10 hi-hat, but the store manager threw in a free drum throne because that was the online promotion earlier this week. Definitely giving this location a 5 star review.

Comment

Just bought a TD-17KVX. Guitar Center had it on sale for $100 off. Also bought the RDT-RV throne and the RDH-PK-100 noise eater hardware pack (kick drum beater and high hat stand), but they won't ship until next month. Stoked!

Now need to buy some headphones. Looking at the Roland V-Drum headphones vs. the cheaper but highly-regarded Audio-Technica M-50x. Any opinions on that?

Comment

I use Sony MDR 7506 headphones. They're commonly used in studios for a reason and less expensive than the M-50x.
                  Roland TD50KV, MIMIC Pro

Comment

I just bought the M50x's and they are excellent. They are super comfortable, they sound great, the cable is long enough without the need for an extension cable, and the headphones can handle the punch from the kick drums with no issues. (No buyer's remorse here!)
                    TD-9SX: (details to be updated soon); DW DWCP3002 Series Double Kick Drum Pedal, Behringer XENYX 502 mixer; PC: Vista, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz, 6GB RAM, Kontakt 3 & SSD EX

Comment

Originally posted by Moo View Post
                      I use Sony MDR 7506 headphones. They're commonly used in studios for a reason and less expensive than the M-50x.
                      I bought those first for exactly the same reasons, but after trying them I returned them. I thought they were uncomfortable (the cushions weren't thick enough) and the cable was too short. And they didn't sound half as good as the M50x's, IMHO. To me, it was worth the extra money to have these cans sitting on my head so I enjoy my drums for longer periods of time. I just knew that if I had kept the SONY's, I was going to hate them and my decision to keep them in the first place. (But again, just my opinion.)
                      TD-9SX: (details to be updated soon); DW DWCP3002 Series Double Kick Drum Pedal, Behringer XENYX 502 mixer; PC: Vista, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz, 6GB RAM, Kontakt 3 & SSD EX

Comment

Working...
                      X