Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Power amp with powered speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power amp with powered speakers

Hi guys
    Can I use a power amp with two powered JBL's to get some more power??
    Shoul I use a pre-amp instead, just like guitarists do???
    Thanks

No. If you send an amplified signal into another amplifier you can overload the thing and do some serious damage to your equipment. Better go from a mixer into your powered speakers, the mixer is in this case the pre-amp you're asking about.

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
      No. If you send an amplified signal into another amplifier you can overload the thing and do some serious damage to your equipment.
      Totally Agree!
      This would be the best way to completely stuff your gear!! Your JBL's are expecting a 'line level' signal (similar to what would come out of a CD player headphone socket) then you send it a MASSIVE speaker level input = Everything FRIED!!
      Do not do it!
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

My question is why do you need more power? What is it your trying to do?

Comment

FloridaDrummer, what kind of question is that? Is not the eternal search and hunger in every human being (especially caveman-drummer-musician types) more power!?!?! The sound of your drums 10 times the threshhold of pain, is there nothing more beautiful? Ah, I'm starting to sound like a guitarist.
          V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Working...
          X