Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Alesis Strike Multipad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually quite interested in the Strike Multipad. Although my plan would be to make it the center of a compact kit. Does anybody know what brands cymbals would work wiith this without any hassle? I'm thinking I'd add a hi-hat, kick, snare and a ride cymbal.

Comment

video showing how to import sample onto pads of alesis multipad https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...l=0&autoplay=1

Comment

I was very interested in this and was even thinking I could look past the loading times. However, I had it confirmed by another owner that when you swap between patches while a sample or loop is playing from your current patch, it kills the sample. Unfortunately for me, I use the ability to swap kits while a sample is still playing quite regularly on my SPD-SX so for my use it wouldn't be suitable. Just thought I'd mention that in here in case people were unaware.
        Last edited by Pulsc; 03-01-19, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsc View Post
          I was very interested in this and was even thinking I could look past the loading times. However, I had it confirmed by another owner that when you swap between patches while a sample or loop is playing from your current patch, it kills the sample. Unfortunately for me, I use the ability to swap kits while a sample is still playing quite regularly on my SPD-SX so for my use it wouldn't be suitable. Just thought I'd mention that in here in case people were unaware.
          Thanx for the info. I scrapped the idea of getting this multipad since it has no tempo lock or stretch, but now it turns out it also has the same dealbreaker as the yamaha M12 too. I rely on all of these functions heavily, so until some new thing covers these, it's SPD-SX all the way.
          •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
          •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
          •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post

Thanx for the info. I scrapped the idea of getting this multipad since it has no tempo lock or stretch, but now it turns out it also has the same dealbreaker as the yamaha M12 too. I rely on all of these functions heavily, so until some new thing covers these, it's SPD-SX all the way.
            No problem. Yeah, it's a real shame as the Strike pad has a LOT of the features I wish the SPD-SX had. The round robin on one pad or across multiple pads, being able to link any pads together on one kit rather than the arbitrary 2 pad limit, better routing from what I can tell. These features would have sold it to me if not for it killing samples between kits.

I'm holding out a sliver of hope that they may be able to remedy this in a firmware update like they did with the loading times in the Strike module. However, I have a feeling it may not be possible as I think the loading fix was more to do with changing the priorities of the samples that are loaded rather than hugely changing the way the module worked. Suppose time will tell.

Comment

If I remember correct from my m12 days, you can link more then 2 pads, add 4 sounds on one pad and switch between kits without the sound being cut off.
              www.musiqsoundsproductions.com

https://www.facebook.com/HilinMusic

Comment

Originally posted by MusiQmaN View Post
                If I remember correct from my m12 days, you can link more then 2 pads, add 4 sounds on one pad and switch between kits without the sound being cut off.
                Not to go too off topic, as for the m12 it's not the pad sounds that get cut off, it's the pattern playing from the sequencer. Apparently alesis has the same issue with both samples and patterns, even if it doesn't use the same system as yamaha.
                •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
                •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
                •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsc View Post
                  I'm holding out a sliver of hope that they may be able to remedy this in a firmware update
                  it might be possible, they are aware now, maybe it will get implemented. People that need things, need to ask as request it might or not be possible.
                  Last edited by Chris K; 03-09-19, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X