• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
    Here's a review by Nick D'Vergilio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiR7Qg6NaQM
    You spelled “sales video” wrong.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

These are nice demos, but review is the wrong word.

Unless you can find me 2 or 3 of these that say the product is just decent, or slightly underwhelming *g*

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

You spelled “sales video” wrong.
        Fair enough, Alan VEX and holzi2000 . I agree, and even Sweetwater labels it a "demo". I should have said "overview".
        ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Why do all of these multipads have the UI at the bottom where it can be smashed with a stick??? Why not put it down one side or have the UI on a hinge so that it can be turned down and out of the way when playing. Also, the build quality of multipads are generally not great, considering they get hit with sticks constantly you'd think they would be solidly built.

Comment

Originally posted by morphon View Post
            Why do all of these multipads have the UI at the bottom where it can be smashed with a stick??? Why not put it down one side or have the UI on a hinge so that it can be turned down and out of the way when playing. Also, the build quality of multipads are generally not great, considering they get hit with sticks constantly you'd think they would be solidly built.
            I think the ergonomics of playing are such that hitting something closer to us by accident is less likely. My only misses happen while having the pad added to the drumset which makes it a stretch to reach and the plastic side bezel gets smacked every now and then. Having the interface at hand while playing is much more benefitial then risky. As for the build quality... Absolutely no complaints for the past seven years.
            °•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•°
            °•Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•°
            °•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•°

Comment

spec and "demo" look very interesting .. just like the combination of spd-30 and spd-sx ... anyone see this thing display at guitarcenter yet? would love to try out.

Comment

another video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q2fWI768xc

Comment

My two cents about multipads, after using many types over the years, (such as Alesis Control pad and drumKat (Alternate Mode) midi controllers, and the all in one with soundsource, Yamaha Multi-12).
                  I think of the Yamaha, and now this new Alesis, as similar to those old stereo combo units, where the turntable, tuner, and cassette deck were all integrated into one. Almost always better to have separate units, especially if something needs repair.
                  Last edited by Vectron; 12-06-18, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X