Alesis Strike Multipad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis Strike Multipad

Got a guitar center black Friday brochure today. I can't find anything online about it. Expensive for Alesis. The Sx might have a competitor.
    Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
    Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

It look very similar to spd-sx, but their existant multipad have issue with crosstalk on their pad, I don't say there will be problem (hope not), but I would wait about real reports for quality, issue, loading time etc.. It's better to be solid and reliable at this price. 699$ USD

ASTRIKEMP.jpg
    Last edited by Chris K; 11-15-18, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Probably a prototype shown at Pasic, which is on at the moment. I'd guess it is based on the Strike "engine" rather than the previous processor and samples. It does look like a step up.
      . digitalDrummer
      Review index

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
        Probably a prototype shown at Pasic, which is on at the moment. I'd guess it is based on the Strike "engine" rather than the previous processor and samples. It does look like a step up.
        If it's limited to 200mb per kit, we will know quickly, active playable memory per kit, loading time, tell everything on a product for the real capability. Roland SPD-SX, don't have limit per kit on memory and no loading time.
        Last edited by Chris K; 11-16-18, 04:34 AM.

Comment

What do you mean with "no loading time"? If I switch 'kits' on my Roland SPD-SX, the Roland is completely 'silent' for 2 3 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalglx View Post
            What do you mean with "no loading time"? If I switch 'kits' on my Roland SPD-SX, the Roland is completely 'silent' for 2 3 seconds.
            hum, when I had mine the sustain when changed kit retain, which one are you using 2gb, 4gb or 16gb?

Comment

The 4GB version.

Comment

I have the 2gb version, and I have no lag time in between changing kits.
                Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
                Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

The 4GB version.
                  I had the 2gb version, did you bought it new? or used someone changed the sd cards to 4gb? I never experimented loading time\lag with my spd-sx, like all roland module.
                  Last edited by Chris K; 11-16-18, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Yes, I bought it brand new. I'm using the SPD-SX to play backingtracks, large files therefore, maybe that's the cause.

Comment

Yes, I bought it brand new. I'm using the SPD-SX to play backingtracks, large files therefore, maybe that's the cause.
                      ah maybe, but for large backing track, no need to direct switch, it's more for smaller loop and fx\ one shots sound is required quick change on the fly. SPD-SX can allow 10,000 wav, slots, let's see how strike will allow.
                      Last edited by Chris K; 11-16-18, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
                        New Info: The Strike MultiPad is the most powerful percussion pad on the market.It comes with a 32GB on board hard drive with over 8,000 samples and loops, 9 rubber pads with RGB lights, and the ability to load samples with a USB thumb drive"

If reliable and no considerable loading time it beat Roland spd-sx, the built in kits on spd-sx are very limited and basic.
                        Last edited by Chris K; 11-17-18, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Official word from Alesis is that there are no new products on show at PASIC.
                          . digitalDrummer
                          Review index

Comment

Alesis love to let the cat out of the bag early. Surely they'd get some promo ready before allowing it to be advertised for sale...
                            www.apartmentdrummer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Salabim View Post
                              Alesis love to let the cat out of the bag early. Surely they'd get some promo ready before allowing it to be advertised for sale...
                              it was leaked from 1-2 store, but removed, it's their error..and that happens sometime with others company, not deliberated.

Comment

Working...
                              X