ATV adrums kit and SD3 - positional sensing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV adrums kit and SD3 - positional sensing

Hello guys, I ve watched Mike Snyder’s video in youtube demonstrating the atv kit with the Td50 module. It seems that the ATV pads have litte positional sensing. Anyone tested it with a roland module or Superior Drummer 3 in order to see how it works? It works fine? Thank you!

Originally posted by Tred View Post
    Hello guys, I ve watched Mike Snyder’s video in youtube demonstrating the atv kit with the Td50 module. It seems that the ATV pads have litte positional sensing. Anyone tested it with a roland module or Superior Drummer 3 in order to see how it works? It works fine? Thank you!
    Just bumping this thread - can anyone chime in here?

E Kit 3: ATV aDrums extended kit; Roland TD30; Superior Drummer 3 (2018)
    E Kit 2: Roland TD 10 and Roland and Yamaha pads (1997)
    E Kit 1: Emax Sampler, Roland Octapad, DDrum pads, acoustic cymbals (1988)
    A Kit: Ayotte drums; UFIP, Sabian and Paiste Cymbals

Comment

It is not compatible, you need center cone for full position sensing with Roland module because they made it this way.
      Last edited by Chris K; 07-27-18, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
        It is not compatible this have been been earlier, you need center cone.
        Thanks Chris - much appreciated. Do you know if the ATV ride is compatible with roland module for PS?

Comment

Originally posted by grtriage View Post

Thanks Chris - much appreciated. Do you know if the ATV ride is compatible with roland module for PS?
          Yes it works

Comment

Ok, so the problem will be just with the ATV snare, right? So I believe for recording with PS with SD3 or a Roland Module, Its just a matter of putting a Roland snare instead of the ATV snare, correct?
            normally I will use the ATV kit with the mimic pro, so no problems with PS. I just want to check the possibilities when I want to record with PS. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tred View Post
              Ok, so the problem will be just with the ATV snare, right? So I believe for recording with PS with SD3 or a Roland Module, Its just a matter of putting a Roland snare instead of the ATV snare, correct?
              normally I will use the ATV kit with the mimic pro, so no problems with PS. I just want to check the possibilities when I want to record with PS. Thanks!
              That is right, use center cone snare for Ps with a Roland module atm.
              Last edited by Chris K; 07-27-18, 12:16 PM.

Comment

It is not compatible, you need center cone for full position sensing with Roland module because they made it this way.
                I've just heard that ATV snares are designed to support PS through detection of the three edge cones and without a centre cone - has anyone tried the snare with a Roland Module with PS?

Comment

Originally posted by grtriage View Post

I've just heard that ATV snares are designed to support PS through detection of the three edge cones and without a centre cone - has anyone tried the snare with a Roland Module with PS?
                  dont think this would work....3 cone design again...by the way; even pd-140s with td50 has an hotspot problem when sensitivity is increased above the default level...it has 3+1 cone design (1 in the center)...my point is, even the digital snare cant avoid hotspotting because of this central cone...for me, i would easily sacrifice PS for triggering with no hotspot
                  Roland TD-50, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, VH-11, CY-5, CY-14 (x2), CY-15R, KT-10
                  ATV aD-T10 (x2), aD-T13

Comment

Originally posted by ditto View Post
                    .my point is, even the digital snare cant avoid hotspotting because of this central cone...for me, i would easily sacrifice PS for triggering with no hotspot
                    you have hotspot with your digital snare?

I always though hitting a cone directly above sensor you will get max peak, no matter how it's made, softer cone is even worst.
                    Last edited by Chris K; 08-06-18, 12:48 AM.

Comment

you have hotspot with your digital snare?

I always though hitting a cone directly above sensor you will get max peak, no matter how it's made, softer cone is even worst.
                      when the sensitivity is above the default pad setting level
                      Roland TD-50, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, VH-11, CY-5, CY-14 (x2), CY-15R, KT-10
                      ATV aD-T10 (x2), aD-T13

Comment

Working...
                      X