What a rip off,really roland?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a rip off,really roland?

So i'm on axe music just looking at stuff and i see this rip off item and just had to share.

https://www.axemusic.com/106489/Drum...-Drum---22.htm

Theres also this one https://www.axemusic.com/106485/Drum...-Drum---18.htm

They are basically charging you $1000 for a drum shell since its just a drum shell with this added https://www.axemusic.com/74276/Drums...-Converter.htm

Its laughable what they are charging for these
    TD-9 module,vh11, cy15r, cy13c/r,pearl P-932 demonator pedals,pearl export drum shells with roland mesh heads,pearl dr80 rack, rt30 triggers on toms and bass drum and rt10 on snare

And inside this:
    https://www.axemusic.com/74276/Drums...-Converter.htm

Is one of these:
    https://www.quartzpercussions.com/product-page/27mm-piezo

Last edited by jpsquared482; 07-13-18, 07:49 AM.
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Iíd say thatís a little over the top. Think of all the things you could buy with that money. You could almost buy the TD-17. If you have to have a 22 inch electric kick drum, then follow what jpsquared show in his post and buy a basket case kick on eBay.
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Kind of over the top like this? You can buy a 5pc DW Design series full kit or a TD-17 Full kit for the price of this bass drum. Come on guys. REMEMBER>>> Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, including this $1500 DW bass drum.

Comment

I have noticed people buy iPhones for over $1000 that don't do anything different than a $150 Android. And let's not get on to Beats headphones. If you've got a good marketing machine you can charge whatever you want.
          *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
          Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

I really want to talk to the people that actually buy it for that price. I wish i could be notified every time someone buys it and before it gets shipped so i can have a talk with them.

"You know, I see you purchased this Roland bass drum for $1600. Did you realize you can just buy a beautiful acoustic shell separate and install this Roland kick trigger with nothing more than a drum key? It can even be dual purpose if you want to switch it back to an acoustic shell too and sound great in the future unlike the Roland kick for less than half the price.If you really want pay me $1000 and i'll put it together for you and ship it to you"

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
              I have noticed people buy iPhones for over $1000 that don't do anything different than a $150 Android. And let's not get on to Beats headphones. If you've got a good marketing machine you can charge whatever you want.
              Totally agree especially the Beats headphones. I have to laugh at people with these. They obviously donít care about sound quality. Thank goodness my son hasnít fallen into the same trap. Thereís plenty of overpriced pap out there which people will buy. Bose is another make overpriced although apparently the headphones are quite good.
              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

That price is insane. My A2E with UFO eBridge Trigger & Real Feel Head came in at about $300. Looks better too (IMHO).
                Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums

Comment

I guarantee the price is inflated based on the following reasons...

1. They are inflating value on the trigger tech.
                  2. They are inflating value on the BD they are likely getting from a third party. (I'm guessing Remo/... also in Taiwan)
                  3. People have been bugging the living $#!+ out of them for almost two years now for a full BD.
                  4. They are going to take advantage of #3.
                  5. People in #3 & 4 will pay it.

These are just funny guesses, but only the market will dictate its success. My guess is if the market doesn't buy it, they'll just discontinue it.

If they were smart, they'd just put it in a kit to begin with. That doesn't mean it's going to drop the price much... if at all.

By the way, street price will be lower. It's still pre-order at this point.
                  Alan
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ReeseRocket View Post
                    Kind of over the top like this? You can buy a 5pc DW Design series full kit or a TD-17 Full kit for the price of this bass drum. Come on guys. REMEMBER>>> Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, including this $1500 DW bass drum.
                    I bought my 65 BDP 4 piece Ludwig Super Classic with a jazz festival snare for $1150 delivered. I am guilty of buying an iPhone and an iPad but the two together did not cost $1,000. If people are willing to pat then thatís their business.
                    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

We are talking CAD prices and how much do you think a rig like this would cost to order? Anything high end will be pricy...A local store has the 50KV with that kick shell for 8 K on sale...
                      Noble & Cooley a kit

Comment

I have noticed people buy iPhones for over $1000 that don't do anything different than a $150 Android.

drumgeargeek.com

ad5 // SPD-SX // DTXMulti12 // drumbrute // DFAM

Comment

They are expensive but they are reliable at least.
                          Last edited by Chris K; 09-25-18, 03:02 AM.

Comment

It's about decision and personal experience on edrum, same as buying 5k kit ending up using only vst sound that lower kit price could do the same job plenty for them.
                            Last edited by Chris K; 09-25-18, 03:02 AM.

Comment

True dat, you can trigger SD3 with a TD-1 module and nobody will notice is not a td-50

Comment

Working...
                              X