Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Mimic and ATV snare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good advice about checking the head tension. I used the PD125 preset for the ATV snare and adjusted it for about 5 minutes. It triggers amazingly well. I was even able to get a medium rimshot and louder rimshot setting . I could not get this to work with any center cone pad. I bumped up the velocity curve at the low velocities just so ghost notes cut through band mixes. Being able to draw a curve on the Mimic is amazing.
    Last edited by Peter Warren; 02-07-19, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I'm struggling to get side stick from an ATV snare. I have rim set to side stick on Iayer 1 and 2. Getting the sound to play is very inconsistent. Won't play without the ATV wooden adapter and then it only triggers in a 1 inch spot. And that is inconsistent. There has to be a rim vs rimshot setting I've missed or have wrong. Suggestions?
      Last edited by 510man; 03-13-19, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Duplicate post deleted.
        Last edited by 510man; 03-13-19, 04:09 PM.

Comment

http://pearl-electronics-support.com..._v1.0.8.24.pdf
          page 34
          Step number 4 for a pad setup

Comment

I got it working. I switched from using the R-PD-128 to the R-PD-125 and it made a huge difference overall in how the ATV snare plays. I wouldn't think those setups would be that different but it improved press rolls and low end dynamics a great deal and...............the side stick now works. I tweaked the settings a little to get a reasonable switch between side stick (rim) and rimshot. Now I just need to load some percussion sounds since the Mimic on has a cowbell. That surprised me.

Comment

Hi guys,
              I made my DIY snare with three cones in ATV style... it works amazing, no hotspot in the center and the rimshot is great! I also put 4 piezo for the rim, but most probably 3 are enough.
              Here the video test...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDb2TONDVAo&t=8s

Comment

Originally posted by violaole View Post
                Hi guys,
                I made my DIY snare with three cones in ATV style... it works amazing, no hotspot in the center and the rimshot is great! I also put 4 piezo for the rim, but most probably 3 are enough.
                Here the video test...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDb2TONDVAo&t=8s
                I saw earlier your build on Youtube, it is really nice ! I want to do the same, any advice (I can't understand Italian ..) ? I already have the wiring diagram, the snare, brackets, piezo and wires, I just have to assemble those together.

I won't use an inside disc but independant brackets instead with a bit of foam between bracket and shell to decouple vibrations coming from the rim.

It would be very great if you can write a description in english of your build

Comment

Originally posted by DrumatiC View Post

I saw earlier your build on Youtube, it is really nice ! I want to do the same, any advice (I can't understand Italian ..) ? I already have the wiring diagram, the snare, brackets, piezo and wires, I just have to assemble those together.

I won't use an inside disc but independant brackets instead with a bit of foam between bracket and shell to decouple vibrations coming from the rim.

It would be very great if you can write a description in english of your build
                  Sorry man, I saw this post just now!
                  As I can see you already did your snare! And you are too happy with it like me!
                  Regarding the build, I believe that your choice is easier ant cheaper than mine! Very nice job!
                  A question: how many piezo di you use for rim?
                  Thanks

Comment

Hey, thank you anyway. I placed just one piezzo for the rim, but this is weak, the cross stick is not stable. I will made a version 2 with clean wiring, component to limit tension (and maybe serial wiring), new foam cones, and parallell/serial wiring for 3/4 piezzos for the rim as you did.

Again thank you for the sharing

Comment

Working...
                    X