Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recently purchased a Used Roland TD-30KV.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently purchased a Used Roland TD-30KV.

I just purchased a used roland td-30kv. It is currently still making it way to me via UPS. Can anyone give me their advise as to what to do when I get it? I know to factory reset the module, so as to start with a clean slate. Any other recommendations, updates, upgrades, etc?

I suggest that you listen to the kits before you reset.
    Pure speculation, but perhaps the previous owner put some effort into tweaking some of the kits.
    You may like what you hear. You could always save the set(s) before a rollback.

If you're going to reset, while you are waiting for it to arrive,
    you should go to Roland and download the latest update and have it ready to install.

Enjoy!

Comment

Get some VEX packs, they have plenty of them for the td-30, I bought a pack for the td-25 and couldn't be happier with it, and the td-25 sounds are based off of the td-30, so the td-30 should blow away the td-25. Check out the V-Expressions website
      E-kit: Roland TD-25KV, Extra Cymbal, VEX RECORDS. A-kit: Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage, DW Hardware, Zildjian New Beats Hi Hats, Sabian Cymbals, Zildjian 70's ride- hollow logo. Vater 5A and Vater Mike Johnston Signature Sticks, 20 years of playing.... I still suck........

Comment

Why not make a back and make sure that you can get back to whatever is on the module right now?
        Cheers,

Roland TD-50KV / SPD-SX / Superior Drummer 3

Comment

Listen to the sounds FIRST. Then Buy Vex and Drum-Tec kits. If you don't know how to edit kits like a pro. Buy VEX and Drum-Tec kits. You WON'T regret it.

Comment

Working...
          X