Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ē The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Limited space challenge: are the dimensions on Roland website accurate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Limited space challenge: are the dimensions on Roland website accurate?

    Hi all. I am still struggling which kit to buy as my first kit. I am leaning to td-1kpx2 due to its foldability, while the new td-17kvx is appealing to me.

    I am very pushed for space. There is only around 150cm x 100 cm for my room floor space, while I found that every drum kit requires a depth of at least 110cm, not to mention if they are accurate enough. It is really disappointing that I donít even have enough space for the throne.

    Can anyone put your kits in that exact dimensions mentioned in specs? Is it a big deal to sit 10cm closer to the drum (or put the throne aside and sit on my bed).

    Cheers
    Ming
    Last edited by yipming; 05-08-18, 02:49 PM.

  • #2
    All kits are foldable/adjustable - so posting sizes doesn't really help as everyone sets their kit up to suit their body size and preferences.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you electrodrummer. I understand your point. Just want to figure out if the officials dimensions are accurate or under-estimated instead.

      Comment


      • #4
        Placement of drums and cymbals can vary greatly. Where there is a will to get it set up, there is usually a way. I am also space challenged, but have my large TD-30 in a space 145x110 by placing basically everything directly over the bars of the rack, rather than interior or exterior. Interior placement seems to take up the most room in my experience and pushes your throne the furthest back. My kit used to be quite a bit smaller, but I moved the module to the right side and that increased the depth of the kit. Good luck!
        Expanded TD-30. Wanting more...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by senseiadam View Post
          Placement of drums and cymbals can vary greatly. Where there is a will to get it set up, there is usually a way. I am also space challenged, but have my large TD-30 in a space 145x110 by placing basically everything directly over the bars of the rack, rather than interior or exterior. Interior placement seems to take up the most room in my experience and pushes your throne the furthest back. My kit used to be quite a bit smaller, but I moved the module to the right side and that increased the depth of the kit. Good luck!
          Wow your kit looks impolluted, good job. Can confirm the aspect of placing all pieces over the bars.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by senseiadam View Post
            Placement of drums and cymbals can vary greatly. Where there is a will to get it set up, there is usually a way. I am also space challenged, but have my large TD-30 in a space 145x110 by placing basically everything directly over the bars of the rack, rather than interior or exterior. Interior placement seems to take up the most room in my experience and pushes your throne the furthest back. My kit used to be quite a bit smaller, but I moved the module to the right side and that increased the depth of the kit. Good luck!
            That is impressive! Thank you sensei for your idea. Would definitely try this method!

            Comment


            • #7
              I finally ordered the TD-17kvx and it feels great. For limited space, I have to dissemble the large snare and the hi hat and hi hat stand and put them into boxes. Remaining parts are folded like this. Thank you for all your help here!

              Comment


              • #8
                Just checking, what size is your TD-17KVX and throne take up.
                Iíll be playing in a cupboard (seriously) and have 142x118cm to set up and play in!
                the TD-KV might be smaller, but not sure if the high hat and cymbal quality drop is too big a sacrifice

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Joolsd View Post
                  Just checking, what size is your TD-17KVX and throne take up.
                  Iíll be playing in a cupboard (seriously) and have 142x118cm to set up and play in!
                  the TD-KV might be smaller, but not sure if the high hat and cymbal quality drop is too big a sacrifice
                  MORE than enough space for this kit, for sure. I added more stuff to my TD-30 and I still made it smaller than the pic above in less space than you have. I am also 6'3" so I can't have everything too tight either. You have no worries at all...
                  Expanded TD-30. Wanting more...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sensei Adam, I specifically signed up to ask you about the two KT-10 pedals I saw on your picture in this thread. How do you like them? Do they feel anything like a traditional kick pedal? I am looking to buy the TD-17KVX, but not only do I have limited space, I also need to move some parts of the kit to and from my band's rehearsal space. I was thinking of keeping the rack in the rehearsal space and, for practicing at home, using a separate hihat stand and one cymbal stand and mount the snare pad and one tom pad to these stands. Just so I can work on my groove during the week. Which means lugging around the kick pad, 2 cymbals, 2 pads, one module and several cables on a weekly basis. So having something like the KT-10 instead of the KD-10 would be ideal for me. I'm looking forward to your answer, thanks a bunch in advance!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The KT-10 really feels like a real pedal to me, and I switch between e-kit at home and a-kit with band. At home the benefit is that I can put the entire kit much closer to the wall. The KT-10 is also much quieter.
                      E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz173edtgc...14709.jpg?raw=1
                      A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
                      TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by wouterengel View Post
                        Sensei Adam, I specifically signed up to ask you about the two KT-10 pedals I saw on your picture in this thread. How do you like them? Do they feel anything like a traditional kick pedal? I am looking to buy the TD-17KVX, but not only do I have limited space, I also need to move some parts of the kit to and from my band's rehearsal space. I was thinking of keeping the rack in the rehearsal space and, for practicing at home, using a separate hihat stand and one cymbal stand and mount the snare pad and one tom pad to these stands. Just so I can work on my groove during the week. Which means lugging around the kick pad, 2 cymbals, 2 pads, one module and several cables on a weekly basis. So having something like the KT-10 instead of the KD-10 would be ideal for me. I'm looking forward to your answer, thanks a bunch in advance!
                        Absolutely love my KT-10s. Would never change them. They are everything you can want... small, easy to move, quiet and feel amazing. No compromise for me.
                        Expanded TD-30. Wanting more...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          TD-17 for sure. I would anyway.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X