Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

ATV aDrums/AD5 with VST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kgraeme View Post
    I'm thinking the aDrums with the TD17 might be the way to go! Real(ish) pad and cymbal sizes but with the known module+VST combo.
    I don't believe the ATV hi hat will work on the TD17 as it doesn't support the Roland VH13.
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

Probably no preset as vh13, but could works, ATV HIHAT is officially compatible for TD-11\15\25 and VH13 is not supported\no preset for those module, by using vh11 preset for atv hihat works, I am assuming its the same as td17.
      Last edited by Chris K; 05-10-18, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Yeah my assumption is that the ATV HiHat will work with the TD17 as Chris pointed out. And if not... the VH10 is pretty cheap a la carte!

Drum Tec did a cool video of one of their sets with the TD17. Sounds fairly impressive. Leads me to believe that a complete ATV kit will work well with the TD17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWNA8BKq4do

Comment

Originally posted by kgraeme View Post
          Yeah my assumption is that the ATV HiHat will work with the TD17 as Chris pointed out. And if not... the VH10 is pretty cheap a la carte!

Drum Tec did a cool video of one of their sets with the TD17. Sounds fairly impressive. Leads me to believe that a complete ATV kit will work well with the TD17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWNA8BKq4do
          it blow all others level entry kits, alesis command, crimson, yamaha, not on the same league, Roland changed the standard on lower range and for flexibility, just my 2 cents..
          Last edited by Chris K; 05-10-18, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Is the snake harness of the aD5 compatible with that of TD11/15/25 ? I want to try VSTs, and I understood aD5 might not be the ideal choice, but I do not want to plug/unplug another harness each time I switch between aD5 and Roland/VST.

Furthermore, is it 100% sure that the ad-H14 work great with those Roland's modules ?
            Last edited by DrumatiC; 03-15-19, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Most atv cymbal users like them, are positif, with few exception.
              +1

I didn't have any poblem with my aD5 module, Artist Drums and Cymbals in combination with SD3.
              Last edited by Animalglx; 03-15-19, 07:09 PM.

Comment

If anyone follows the ATV owner's FB group Mike Snyder has said they are working on support for the aD5 in the next SD3 update.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalglx View Post

+1

I didn't have any poblem with my aD5 module, Artist Drums and Cymbals in combination with SD3.
                  We're you able to get the hi-hat calibration to work? How about cymbal choke? Those are the 2 problems I'm having. Otherwise it triggers very well.

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post

We're you able to get the hi-hat calibration to work? How about cymbal choke? Those are the 2 problems I'm having. Otherwise it triggers very well.
                    I was going to suggest you reach out to Mike Snyder, as he had just offered to send somebody SD3 calibration settings on a Facebook thread in the ATV Owners Groupóbut it looks like the person in question might have been you!

He ever send anything along?
                    Meet The Stewards!
                    https://www.facebook.com/Stewards.music/
                    https://open.spotify.com/artist/4DkksGVF7ujfj7KupB6wdD
                    https://www.deezer.com/us/artist/51527662

Comment

If anyone follows the ATV owner's FB group Mike Snyder has said they are working on support for the aD5 in the next SD3 update.
                      That's great news, thank you for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by TheStewards View Post

I was going to suggest you reach out to Mike Snyder, as he had just offered to send somebody SD3 calibration settings on a Facebook thread in the ATV Owners Groupóbut it looks like the person in question might have been you!

He ever send anything along?
                        Yep, that's me Nothing yet but I'll be sure to share it here when he does.

Comment

Tonight I tried BFD3 demo with my aD5, hosted by Reaper. I felt a bit of latency. Is there something to tweak in order to improve that ? Or it is inherent of the USB connection ?

I would like to try SD3, but if there is some latency, I dont' want to waste that amount of money ...

I have an ASIO sound interface with midi input/output, could it be better to use MIDI connection with a Roland module (instead of USB/aD5) ?

Comment

I've found the ATV to be very fast as a TMI. What's your interface and ASIO settings?

Comment

Originally posted by DrumatiC View Post
                              Tonight I tried BFD3 demo with my aD5, hosted by Reaper. I felt a bit of latency. Is there something to tweak in order to improve that ? Or it is inherent of the USB connection ?

I would like to try SD3, but if there is some latency, I dont' want to waste that amount of money ...

I have an ASIO sound interface with midi input/output, could it be better to use MIDI connection with a Roland module (instead of USB/aD5) ?
                              I had good luck using the TD17 module via USB as an interface with SD3, but Iím also using iOS and the Core Audio driver.

Since you already have an interface, you could always scoop up a MIDI cable for cheap and see how the interface compares to the AD5 for VST monitoring. But as molson and others feel good about the AD5 as an interface, maybe itís just a matter of continuing to experiment with buffer settings and such.

Good luck!
                              Meet The Stewards!
                              https://www.facebook.com/Stewards.music/
                              https://open.spotify.com/artist/4DkksGVF7ujfj7KupB6wdD
                              https://www.deezer.com/us/artist/51527662

Comment

I've found the ATV to be very fast as a TMI. What's your interface and ASIO settings?
                                I share this experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X